17 |The Anger That Penetrates|

9:24 pm

Sanyukta walked around the mansion, looking on the empty, white walls feeling nothing but sadness and pain engulf her as took in the house's aura.

She still wondered how a cold, rude and cruel man like Soham could allow his father to slap him for saving his wife, without saying anything.

She knew he was silent around his parents but what he did was good and he didn't deserve a slap.

And then he stood rooted in his place without saying or doing anything.

His behavior puzzled her. It confused her.

Maybe he was right, he was beyond her understanding.

She walked to his room to check up on him and upon opening his door, she found him standing shirtless about to reach for his shirt which was lying on the bed.

"Shit! Sorry," she told quickly turning around, but something caught her eyes.

"Sweetheart you have seen my shirtless before then why are you turned away from me," he spoke.

"T-That was different, but can I ask you something?"

"What?"

"How did you get scar on your back?"

Soham closed his eyes, fighting the sudden pain which rushed through his body upon hearing her question.

The dark and painful memories of his childhood did a toll on him and it took him 8 and a half years to come out of the trauma.

After a minute of silence, he spoke.

"My dad used to beat me," he told softly, his heart clenching at the memory of it. "For the smallest things and even for the things I didn't do."

"Soham." Sanyukta turned around and walked over to him, placing her hand on his shoulder.

"Whenever I objected to his orders or refused to do the things he forced me to, he would take out his belt and beat me, for the longest 15 minutes.

Aisha found this pleasurable and took advantage of it. She used to deliberately get me into trouble so that dad could beat me."

"Why didn't you tell anybody or asking anyone for help?" she asked and he chuckled.

"Who could stand up to Randhir Verma? My own grandfather was afraid of him because of his threats, so all I could do was cry. Cry myself to sleep and hide my wounds from the world," he told, gulping the lump which formed in throat.

"Soham you don't need to-"

"One day I was going to take a swim in the pool and I had on my trunks only. My dad barged in my room angrily and threw the bag with his broken laptop pieces in my face, accusing me of breakng it.

I told him over and over that I didn't break it but he didn't listen and took out his belt. I knew I was a goner and couldn't escape his beatings so I stood there silently, ready to face it.

He accidently held the wrong part of the belt and the buckle dug into my back as I turned to grab my shirt before he hits me.

I cried and screamed but he didn't care and continued to beat me for 5 minutes straight."

Sanyukta's heart clenched hearing about his childhood. Tears escaped her eyes and ran down her cheeks, her stomach churning imagining the pain he must have gone through.

"So he continued to do this to you?" she asked softly, her voice cracking up.

"He stopped when I was 15. I guess he got fed up."

She hugged him tightly, wrapping her arms around his neck, his bare chest touching her but that didn't matter.

What matters was her getting him out of his dark, painful world which consumed him. To give him a better life than the one he was living.

Soham hesitated to hug her back. It was the first time after they got married they hugged, well she hugged him.

A lone tear escaped his eye and fell on her shoulder, soaking into her blouse.

He felt her relax as she hugged him, her head resting on his shoulder with her hot breath fanning on his neck.

Unknowingly, he wrapped his hands around her waist hugging her back making her smile a little.

"No one can hurt you now. I promise you that. I will go there and confront him."

Soham's eyes widen in fear as he pushed her away from him.

"What happened?" Sanyukta asked, looking on him in confusion.

"You can't do that. He will-" before he told her too much, he stopped himself.

"He will what? Beat you again? Hurt you?"

"He will surely hurt me Sanyukta. He threatened me that if I tell anybody then he will definitely kill me with his bare hands and my father is a man of his words." Soham looked on her with fear bold in his eyes, his hands shaking a bit.

"I can't just stay quiet Soham! He used beat you for years and you kept quiet. I can't give him this power for whenever and however to hurt you. It's either that or me going to the police," she said, adamant on her decision.

Soham trembled in anger as she was behaving very stubborn and wouldn't give up.

He knew his father would hurt him again if Sanyukta goes and confronts him. He didn't want to add the lost pain he felt years ago to his current life now.

Please don't Sanyukta. Please." His voice cracked a little as he begged her not to go.

"I can't just sit around knowing that he did that to you."

"I know but-" Sighing, he sat down on the bed and ran his hand through his hair with his fear stricken body trembling.

She looked on him still determined to confront the man who tortured the innocent soul in front of her, but seeing his body tremble in fear she hesitantly got rid of the idea.

"I know that you're scared but living in fear for the rest of your life is feeding him power and giving him the pride that he hurt you and you can't do anything about it." Her soft voice touched him just like her willingness to help him out of the pit he was living in but his fear had the best of him.

"Can we just go to bed now? I'm tired, you're tired and it has been a long day."

"Sure," sighing, Sanyukta gave him a small a hug and left the room heading to the guest one down the hall.
~•~
"Sir, Rajveer executed his will. What is the other part of the plan?"

"Just leave that to me. I will make sure that Rajveer will get a peaceful yet painful death and so does his daughter."

"Sanyukta beti? Why do you want to kill her?"

"Because the only way to get his business is to kill him first so that she gets it and forge her signature on some documents in which it clearly states that after she dies, her father's company is given to us.

And to finish the plan, she needs to die as well."

"I don't think-"

"Just shut up! I will send you your money soon and keep your mouth shut!

Hanging up the phone, Randhir placed it on his bed. "Did you practice forging her signature?"

"On the document it will look like she wrote it herself," Siya said smirking at him.

"Great."

Hi guys I hope you liked this part. Remember to vote and comment.😉

5454tiffany