Chapter 37

Rhea POV

I love my cabin. Everyone else has been weird about it because all they know is that I've been claimed by Triton and then by Poseidon. No one besides the other gods knows that I am Poseidon's daughter.

"I hope everyone finishes their meal quickly," I say to Luke, jumping with anticipation in my seat, "I'm so excited for capture-the-flag."

He smirks at me, "Well, with the daughter of Triton on our team, how can we lose?" He hands me my helmet and shows me the weapons.

"Can I use my own sword?" I ask him.

"Yeah, you can use any of your items. See Clarisse over there," he says pointing in her direction discreetly, "She has her own spear, a gift from her father. Watch out for her, that spear of hers is electric."

"Thanks. I just feel better with my sword. Connected with it. I don't know if that makes sense," I say, feeling embarrassed.

"It makes total sense. No worries. Get ready, we start in five minutes, you're on border control, ask Annabeth to show you where it is," he replies, already looking battle-ready.

I went over to Annabeth and she took me to the creek, and when I was left alone, I knew that shit was about to happen.

I hate the Fates. How is this following Percy's timeline almost exactly? Isn't there something like the butterfly effect? No, because our fates are weaved by the Kindly Ones. Am I destined to live life in the same manner as Percy? Well, at least I can beat Clarisse again if she attacks.

"Stand by the creek, keep the reds away. Leave the rest to me. Athena always has a plan," Annabeth said, very humbly might I add.

Clearly, she wants me on the team, giving her a look, the look that says, 'I don't like you at the moment.'

It took me a minute to realize that the feeling I'm having right now, this uncomfortable feeling, is one of being watched, by something dangerous. Growling comes from between the trees, a sound I know too well. The sound of a hellhound. It's too deep to be a dog's, or a mountain lion. I've spent enough time in the Underworld to know that sound.

And suddenly it disappeared.

I'm on edge, sword at the ready, alert like never before (except when I was chased by the minotaur).

"Cream the punk!" Clarisse screamed, coming from the opposite side of the growling, across the creek, along with her posse, just as loud as her.

They charged at me. Yay, five against one. How fair!

They all attacked at once, one hit after the other. I dodged Clarisse's spear as much as I could while taking down her siblings, but she got her hit in, spear clashing with shield and I can feel my arm go numb from the electric shock.

Her brother kicked me in my stomach and I landed with a thud on the ground. They were laughing at me. Assholes! That hurt.

I got up and backed into the creek, feeling the water rejuvenating me. No longer feeling numb in my arm, or pain in my stomach. I smiled at them, not just a smirk, but an evil smile that would make even my father uncomfortable.

They ran at me, and I took them out, one by one. Clarisse ran at me, but I sidestepped and she missed me by a few inches with her spear. She came at me again, as soon as she thrust, I caught the shaft between the edge of my shield and my sword, and I snapped it like a twig.

"Ah!" she screamed. "You idiot! You corpse-breath worm!"

She probably would've said worse, but I smacked her between the eyes with the butt of my sword and sent her stumbling backwards out of the creek.