Chapter 50 Dreams

Poseidon's POV

Appearing at the gates of Morpheus's home, I walked straight up to the door and knocked. A servant opened the ivory doors.

"Lord Poseidon?" the forest nymph asked shocked.

"Good day, I am here to see Morpheus," I replied.

She looked frightened, "I shall inform Lord Morpheus that you are here." Scattering off to an unknown part of palace.

It took only a minute before a very young, tired looking Morpheus appeared before me.

"Lord Poseidon, to what do I owe the please? He asks, looking as bored as he sounded.

"I want to know about a dream of my daughter. Is it one of your traps again? Did Hera put you up to it again?" I ask.

He straightened his back, the bored look disappearing. "Excuse me?!" he said enraged.

"You heard me. You see, I'm sure you know what I am talking about."

"I have no idea," he states, crossing his arms across his chest.

This move alone makes me chuckle, "Really?" I smile broadly. He starts to fidget.

"Really," Morpheus replies.

I grab him by his throat, still standing in the foyer of his palace. He struggles in my grip. He might be strong, but so am I. He tries to enter my mind to put me to sleep, despite not being one of the major gods, he is incredibly powerful, but before anything could happen I grab my dagger and shoved it into his shoulder. No sound escapes him as he can barely breathe.

"Okay, okay," he taps out on my shoulder, lifting the pressure from his throat, only enough that he can speak properly.

"Speak!" I snarl in his face.

"To be honest, I would rather have you kill me than the one who sent me the dream," he replied arrogantly.

"What?" I forced my power over his entire body and he sunk to the ground screaming. "You mean like this?" I asked cruelly, knowing full well the pain I am causing him.

"You see Morpheus, I kept Ares prisoner for weeks, torturing him over and over for his involvement with my daughter. You on the other hand caused my daughter to want to leave me," I said in anger, "If you would rather I break you, your weak little sleepy mind, then I will take my sweet time. You will know no end to pain. You would wish for your own dreams to relieve you of the torment. But it will never come."

He whimpered, flaying like a fish out of water on his polished marble floors. None of his servants would dare interrupt.

"It was Chaos!" He grits out eventually.

Silence. Shock. Disbelief.

"Why would my grandfather send my daughter a dream like that?" I ask him. Releasing my power over him. He stands on shaky legs. Golden blood flowing freely from his nose from the power backlash.

"I'm not sure. I think it was supposed to be a warning," he replied, "he didn't say."

"Then what did he say?" I ask. If Chaos is interested in Rhea... I'm not powerful enough to stop him. But I will fight to the death if I had to.

"He showed me what to send to her. He warned me that if I changed anything in the dream, then he would come back for me. I swear I only delivered his dream message."

"How strange," I ponder. "How strange indeed. I shall take my leave. You will not speak of this to anyone. Is that clear Morpheus?"

"Of course Lord Poseidon. I will share this with no one," he mumbled, rubbing his throat.