Chapter 53: Meanwhile

Once Rhea fell asleep after a lot of reassurances that I'm not angry or disappointed in her, I made my way to my office, calling for Triton to come so that we can discuss this new information.

He was shocked to say the least, "it makes so much sense now," he murmured, more to himself than to me.

"Please look after Rhea tomorrow. I will join you for breakfast, after that I have a date with the Fates," I said, smiling vividly.

"I will Father. What of mother and Sally?" he asked, looking more at ease with the situation.

"I believe that we should speak to them alone once they come back from their spa trip. Amphitrite will be more understanding of the situation than Sally," I said.

"Father? Why would the Fates and the first primordial interfere in our lives? Like this?" he asked referring to Rhea.

"Tomorrow we will know," I stated.

"Tomorrow," he nodded in agreement.

Time passed slowly but once Amphitrite and Sally arrived, we ushered them into the family area. We started explaining more to Sally, but she didn't seem to respond well to the information.

"Why didn't she tell me?" she cried out.

"She was afraid of rejection," I responded calmly. It's a good thing we broke the news to her now, than her responding badly to Rhea tomorrow.

"But still, I'm her mom, I should've known," she said sadly.

"You couldn't have Sally," Amphitrite interrupted, "No one knew. Besides, Rhea had to relearn a lot of things since being reborn. Social, mental and physical skills."

"It explains why she had that English accent when she was younger," Sally said in remembrance.

I sighed relieved that the situation is settled for now.

Further we discussed how to approach Rhea tomorrow, and went straight into more relaxing topics, such as their spa session.

Meanwhile...

Luke hates his life. He hates his father, he hates everyone.

His father arrived at camp and took him to a home in the middle of nowhere. He had no clue if he was still in America. It's a farm. So simple for a house of a god, he thought ruefully. He watched as the animals walked outside; cows, sheep, horses, even chicken and geese.

"Luke?" his father asked to get his attention.

"What?" Luke replied hatefully.

"Enough!" Hermes commanded his son. Luke has been nothing but rude for the past two hours, considering everything that has happened. Zeus has granted Hermes control over his son's imprisonment, especially after Hermes begged his father to spare his son.

"Do you have any idea what I had to do to get you here? To save your life?" Hermes said to his son.

"So what? Am I supposed to be grateful?" Luke replied.

"YES! Zeus himself would've cursed you if I hadn't interfered. Do you realize how powerful the king of the gods is? You are nothing to him. Nothing! You are someone who not only embarrassed the lord of the skies, but nearly caused war. If I hadn't interfered, Lord Poseidon would have tortured you for your part in endangering his daughter," he glared at his son as he spoke.

"Why did you bring me here? Why do you care?" he asked, looking more emotional now.

"You are my son and I love you," he stated.

"No you don't. I'm just an embarrassment to you," Luke replied.

"I'm sorry," his father replied regretfully. "I'm sorry for making you feel this way. That I drove you to this." His son looked surprised at the apology, but quickly hid his emotions behind a mask.

Meanwhile...

Hades arrived at the Lotus hotel to visit his children. He looked at Nico playing a game with Bianca. He had started making his preparations to bring them home.

It won't be long now. He just had to make sure that Zeus won't attack them.

Meanwhile...

Zeus was eating his meal, sitting in silence with his wife Hera. They had a fight again.

"Why do you keep antagonizing Poseidon?" Hera hissed at her husband. "You are embarrassing us! You know what he is capable of."

"Hold your tongue woman!" Zeus replied, slamming his fist down on their dining table. Only he and his wife, Hera, sat down to enjoy their meal. Hera was finally alone with her husband in days.

One would have thought Hera imitated Medusa as she hissed at her husband's lack of tack.

"Your pride will be your downfall Zeus. You are unreasonable. If you continue on this path, you will drown in the darkness of your own making and I won't help you out of it again," she said after a moment of awkward silence, sounding more frustrated. She stood up slowly and walked away from her fuming husband.