Chapter 11

Previously

"But she could make it much more difficult for us to live there. Besides Atlantis is not a place for mortals. I couldn't do it. Maybe Rhea can one day but not me," Sally replies heartbroken.

My heart feels heavy. I wish we could be a proper family.

___________________________________________

Rhea POV

The summer vacation is almost over. My dad has been visiting every day. He and mum look like they still get along considering the conversation they had the first night.

Triton has also visited less and less. I miss him a lot. I have to see Gabe soon and then head back to boarding school.

My dad and I are sitting on the beach, my mum just went to get some hotdogs for us to eat.

I am going to miss everybody terribly, I feel tears gather in my eyes, threatening to fall.

"Little one, what's the matter?" my father asks, voice full of concern.

"Nothing's the matter. I'm fine," I tell him unconvincingly.

"Please don't lie to me. I can see that you are not fine," he says.

Poseidon's POV

"Please don't lie to me. I can see that you are not fine," I say to her. I can see the tears in her eyes and all I wish is to make them go away.

"It's just that... this summer has been the best one yet. I met you and Triton and I had mom here. We had so much fun, and now we are going to leave and not see you again. Things will go back to the way they were with Gabe and school. I don't want to. I want to stay here and let this last forever," she says sadly.

Maybe it's time I tell her.

"Come here little one" I instruct her. She walks to me and I wrap my arms around her, hugging her close to me. "I want these moments to last as well. My time spent with you and your mother truly has been marvellous. I will miss you as well. I wish I could bring you two with me to my home."

She sniffs, "Will I see you again?"

"Of course you will. I'll be here when you come next summer, I promise."

"Really? That's great," she exclaims.

Sally is approaching us with the food. I look to her, trying to convey that I wish to tell our daughter the truth. She gives me a look of 'Are you sure this is what you want to do? You can't take it back.'

I nod at her.

"Is everything alright here? Are you okay honey?" Sally asks Rhea.

Rhea looks up, "Yeah mom, I'm fine. I was sad that we have to leave soon and Mr Parker comforted me. He said that we will see him again next summer," she says the last part excitedly.

"That's great honey... Rhea, let's pack up and head to the cabin. There is something I want to tell you," Sally says.

We head to the cabin. It really is a small place to live in. I'm so used to the size of my palace that anything else will seem tiny. I want to build Sally and Rhea a proper house here in Montauk.

We head inside, put all the stuff from the beach down, and head to the small living room.

Sally sits next to me, while Rhea sits across from us. "What's up mom? What do you want to tell me? Are you and Mr Parker together?" Rhea asks.

Sally chokes on her water,  she then starts off slowly and seriously, I hold Sally's hand, we discussed how we were going to tell her, it would be better if she begins and then later on in the conversation I would continue. "In a way we are. We were together for a year. This was eight years ago. We were together and we conceived a child, you.

"You are his daughter Rhea, his name is not Parker. His name is Poseidon."