Chapter 3

I turned six this summer, my English accent is just about gone, it comes out more when my emotions are high or when I am tired, my mum finds it funny that my accent changes, and I just tell her that I love watching those English cartoons, like Peppa Pig.

My mum married this douche bag Gabe Ugliano. She said that I would understand one day why she married him, I know of course why, but it still sucks. I wish my dad was here. If my dad was here, he would never let my mum have married this guy.

Gabe and I have a love-hate relationship, meaning I love it when he is not here, and hate him when he is. He smells all the time, he talks loudly, uses foul language, he pushes me around and he looks at me like a creep.

My mum is sending me to boarding school soon. She didn't want to at first but she also saw the way that Gabe treated me. I've been moved up a few grades since I started because my mind is too advanced for my body's age. And I refused to sit there in class drawing clouds and using glitter. Don't get me wrong, I love painting and drawing, I love singing, even though others might not love my singing. But just sitting there in class with other snot-nosed brats is not going to work for me. I might have dyslexia now but it's not going to stop me from achieving my goals.

Hopefully, if I survive what is to come, then I want to go back to University and study medicine again.

-------------------

Time Skip

------------------

Boarding school is great, I love it. The kids are a bit strange around me just because I am two years younger than them. I never really liked to exercise in my previous life, but I did do it none the less, I joined a kickboxing class once a week, and attended CrossFit sessions every now and then. And now I have to attend PE here at the boarding school, it's not really bad because there is a myriad of different activities to choose from. One thing I hate more than anything is running, and it's compulsory. I joined fencing, I am the youngest so they don't let me fence much. I am pretty good at it, must be my genetics. They even have ballet, I never saw myself as someone who would dance, but my mum signed me up and said: "Just give it a try Rhea, you might even like it".

I did like ballet, I felt like one of those ballerinas in those movies when I danced, that when they danced, they looked so graceful and beautiful, and everyone falls in love with them. But in reality, I probably look like a bunny on crack, my teacher is constantly complaining about me, at least I am improving bit by bit, I have the excuse that I am six years old at least.

-----------------------

Time Skip

-----------------------

My school year was great, they decided to move me up to Grade 3 and if I show any more improvement I will be moved to Grade 4 in the same school year I'll make sure it happens. My dyslexia is slowing me down but I am managing.

My mum and I are going to Montauk again. I can't wait to lay under the sun, hopefully tan, and most of all swim in the sea. I've been trying to convince my mum to take me deep-sea diving, she refuses, she says I am too young and that its too expensive, which it is, but I still want to go. I remember Poseidon saying that I would be able to swim with the dolphins.

------------------------------------

We just arrived at our cabin in Montauk, "Mom, can I go down to the beach please?" I ask her.

Every year she has refused to leave me alone at the beach, all I want to do is explore. I always have to be in her line of sight. I understand why she does it, I am still very young in her eyes but I miss my independence.

She sighs, "You can go for an hour, I'll start unpacking everything, when you come back we can have some lunch. Don't go too deep into the water, stay where the lifeguard can see you, and don't talk to strangers."

I can see its difficult for her to let me go, but she just relented, "I will be safe mom, I promise," I say to her and then I run to put on my swimming costume.

"Bye!" I yell out to her as I run out the door and to the beach.

In my previous life, I loved swimming as well but had an intense fear of sharks. And I was stung by this massive Jellyfish once. Its tentacles wrapped around my upper arm and burned me. It was not a pleasant sight or a feeling for that matter.

After 20 minutes in the water, I feel brave enough and I dive in deeper into the water, everything looks so clear. I come up from the water and I see that I have been pulled in deeper than what I expected, my mum is going to be pissed. I try to move forward but I can't, the current is pulling me in and under. So much for being a daughter of Poseidon.

All of a sudden I feel a hand grab my arm and pull me up, I look up and see...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a terrible cliffhanger, isn't it? We will find out soon who's hand this belongs to.