Chapter 47 Ares

Poseidon's POV

I've had to stay at Olympus for days. I couldn't leave in case Zeus decides to do something stupid. He just. Wouldn't. shut. Up!

I know Rhea is fine, I look into her every now and then. She has been helping out at the infirmary, along with the children of Apollo.

"Your sons better keep their hands to themselves," I say calmly to Apollo, who nods, slightly terrified.

Between the rest of the Olympians, peace meetings enforced by Athena (Bitch) and my kingdom, I haven't had enough time to myself, let alone my family. Triton has taken over most of my responsibilities during my absence. He is an excellent leader.

"Please, Poseidon," Aphrodite begs to release Ares.

"No, Aphrodite. He caused this mess and he will pay," I sneer at her.

"Haven't you done enough damage to him? To us? Olympus?" she pleads angrily.

"No I haven't! I warned Zeus. I warned all of you."

"I will do anything. I love him," she says.

Her voice is getting on my nerves, I have this desire to drown her, but I know that I will need to have her on my side in the future.

Ocean eyes meeting the goddess of love's eyes, "Then you must swear on the river Styx that if the time comes you will protect my daughter. That you will stand with me. Not only that, you will tell no one of the vow."

"You are asking...."she hesitates, "a lot."

"That is my price," I say seriously but smirking on the inside. Ares will forever be reminded of his mistake. He knows not to try anything against me.

"Then I swear on the River Styx that I will stand with you to protect your daughter in return for Ares," she swears and swallows thickly, "I swear that I will tell no one of this vow."

Pathetic.

I return to my dungeons in Atlantis, facing Ares with a smile. He looks pathetic.

"Your...lover has requested your return," I state, "and as I am in a gracious mood, you get to go home."

He looks hopeful, "If you fuck up nephew, you will be dismembered and make sure your body parts are spread across the world. And let's just say that I will make your genitals into a nightlight for my pet octopus."

"I will leave your daughter alone," he promises.

"Good."

I step through the bars and punch him through his ugly face, sending him straight to Aphrodite in a swirl of ocean water and ichor.

"Did you have to let him go father?" Triton asks as he steps closer to the bars, he has been here the whole time. Fortunately we have the power to turn ourselves invisible in water when needed.

"Yes, I released him to Aphrodite. She made a vow to protect Rhea when the time comes," I reply. He bows his head, asking me to speak to one of my generals over a criminal matter.

I'll see you soon daughter.

A/N:

Hey guys. Thank you for your support and understanding. So many people asked for updates and for the past two weeks I've been psyching myself up to just start writing. I've been depressed for so long and and had no motivation to write. I forgot the joys of writing.

On another note, I've been struggling financially these past few months and barely get by. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask for donations on this platform. Please let me know if I can/can't.

And if you have any ideas for the story, that would be great.