Chapter14

Previously

"Okay dad," she says with a smile, still embracing.

I swear, not even Apollo's sun can shine as bright as my face did with happiness in this very moment.

_____________________________________________________________________

Rhea POV

It's been months, months I say since I've last seen or even spoken to my father. This sucks.

When I touch my necklace, I can feel the ocean, it's a strange feeling, but I welcome it, it feels like home. My home. I can't wait to see my family. I am going home for Christmas in two days. I will only see my mum. My father will probably be busy with the winter solstice. Or maybe he will just be chilling around in his kingdom, avoiding suspicion that I exist.

Isn't it great, I was practically born a sin in my family!

School is still good. My dyslexia is making it difficult for me to read, but that does not mean I give up and continue with the rest of my peers. Sport is a no-brainer and my archery leaves little doubt about who my father is. Although I have improved. They say practice makes perfect.

I really wish I could see my father.

Poseidon POV

I can sense my daughter's needs. It's intense. I truly wish that I could see her as well in the flesh. I am sending Triton to her mother's apartment as a Christmas gift of sorts. Triton doesn't mind, he misses her dearly.

I can't interfere in her life anymore. I am afraid that my brothers will take her from me. Although, Hades is the more reasonable one.

Time Skip-Next Summer

My mum and I are leaving tomorrow to go back to Montauk. I am so excited. My mum seems excited as well. She is currently at work, finishing her last day before we are off for the summer. 'Poor mum, she's has to deal with Smelly Gabe for the past couple of months alone'

I hear Gabe calling me from the living room.

"Rhea! Fetch me a beer and be quick about it!" Gabe yells as I walk towards him. I try to swallow my anger, but it doesn't work because as I entered the kitchen to get his beer for him, the kitchen sink exploded with water coming from the tap and the drain. Shit! 

I hear Gabe coming to the kitchen and the water stops. "What did you do? What happened?" He asks accusingly, anger in his voice.

"I didn't do anything. I wasn't even close to the sink when it happened, water just came out of the sink," I tell him.

He grabs a hold of my shirt pulling me close to him, his foul breath on my face, "Liar. You had to have done something. Look at this place. You'll be cleaning this up!"

'Ungrateful brat' I hear him say, he goes to the sink and inspects it. "Nothing is broken here, girl. Did you throw water all over the floor then?"

"No, I didn't," I tell him.

"Fine, lie to me then, I want this kitchen clean tonight otherwise you ain't going on that trip with your mother," he tells me with a smug face that I just want to throw with a chair.

"Fine," I tell him through clenched teeth. 'If only he knew who my father is'

He left the kitchen and I grab a mop and bucket. There's so much water everywhere.

I cleaned it all up and when Mum came home, we left to go back to Montauk.

"Rhea, calm down sweety," my mother says amused in the car as I was fiddling with the radio, my chair, my hair and just about anything I could get my hands on.

"But mom, I'm just so excited to go," I say bouncing in my seat.

"I can't wait either," she says as we continue the long drive to Montauk.

When we got there, she and I got settled in. it's already late and I don't know if I'll see my father tonight or tomorrow. I hope he comes soon.