Chapter 52 Truth

Poseidon's POV

"Dad!" Rhea greeted excitedly, running into the throne room as I was finishing up with General Dolptail of Marlin Town.

"What has got you in such a good mood?" I asked my daughter whose eyes are twinkling with mirth.

"Triton said he's going to give me a mermaid tail!" She responded, to which I raised an eyebrow.

"Really?" I asked, feeling miffed that she didn't ask me. Why didn't I offer in the first place?

"Yes, but only if it's okay with you?" she inferred shyly, almost as if she sensed my mood.

"Uh...yes...well of course. How about this?" I asked as my power swirled around the two of us, moving to Rhea, shaping her legs together to turn into a mermaid tail.

Her eyes lit up in surprise as she transformed. In seconds her transformation was complete.

Colours of blue, red, pink, purple and gold shifted over her tail while she moved. Gasping in delight, she twirled around and around.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" she praised.

Her smile of wonder brought joy to my ancient heart.

"I can't wait to show everyone tomorrow!" she said, still giggling at her tail, poking it.

I, in turn, switched my legs for my tail, went towards her and kissed her on her forehead. We left to show her mother her new limb.

Tomorrow my little girl is turning thirteen. She is growing up. The idea of her aging leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I can't lose her. I won't. I will do what I can so that I can keep her here, with me, for eternity.

Rhea POV

I don't really remember if I believed in reincarnation in my previous life. Of course I am certain now that it does exist. I'm thirteen today. Over the years I have forgotten that I've been reincarnated. And one day, all of a sudden, it hits me like a freight train. This has been happening less and less.

Aunty Persephone along with Uncle Hades came to my birthday party here in Atlantis. I wish I could say that it wasn't a big party. But...it was. I felt a mixture of excitement and irritation. There were a lot of people. Like a lot.

I received many gifts from the mer-citizens, in the forms of seaweed candy, pearls, clothes and armour. From my father, mother, brother and stepmother I received personalized items as well as a family trip to the underwater volcano sea resort. You can surf on the lava!

Uncle Hades gave me a gift card to get a tattoo (which promptly disappeared after my father saw it). He also gave me a pair of clip-on starfish earrings that turned into daggers.

At the end of the day I was exhausted. And happy. My family was here to celebrate with me.

"Rhea, can I come in?" Aunt Persie asked, knocking at the door.

"Of course Aunty. Come in."

Sitting down, she sighed, "I wanted to talk to you before I left."

"Is everything alright?" I asked worriedly.

"Your father has been worried about you. I haven't seen him so worried before. There are things happening that I cannot tell you or I do not know yet. But I believe your father can give you your answers. And that you can answer his questions."

"What if-?" I started to ask but she interrupted.

"-if he is angry at you? No, he won't be. He will be supportive. Your family will be supportive Rhea. You are the heart of this ocean. And let me tell you something as someone who is mortal, it is dangerous to have the love and attention of a god. Especially your father. He will never let you go. I hope you realize that." She said.