Chapter 31

Rhea POV

Finally! I've done it, I think, staring out from the podium, getting handed certificate. I have a bachelor's degree in Physical therapy. I've spent endless days and nights working, studying to finish. And I've done it. Mom was staring up at me proudly, Triton and Aunt Hestia next to her. Dad would've come but he didn't want his presence to be noticed. Having two gods in one place was enough to draw attention.

"I'm so proud of you Rhea," my mom started, "The youngest person in the history of this university to graduate with a degree in Physical Therapy."

"It wasn't easy. But finally I'm here," I reply with a bright smile.

"Little Rhea all grown up," my brother, Triton says, fake-tearing up.

"Oh shush you. I'm turning twelve in a few weeks. I've still got some growing to do," I say.

Everyone congratulated me; my high school principal was here. Jane and Malcolm were here and came along with me to have a celebratory milkshake, and we could catch up with everything that's been happening in their lives. They were in High school and loving every minute of it.

"Ahhh, I hate school," Jane says, recounting her high school days, "you're so lucky to be finished with that hellhole."

"You're right, but maybe if you studied more, then you could also move up a grade or two," I reply with a smirk on my face.

"Not everyone has a super brain Rhea."

"It's not about a super brain Jane, brainy Janey. Heh, it rhymes. Anyway, it's about dedication, taking one day at a time and dedicating your time to a certain subject, getting it done," I say.

"Whatever," she replies, while Malcolm's head is stuck in a comic book.

I knew the time was close for me to head to camp. I didn't want to go, knowing what awaits me. It scares me that everything is changing so quickly and that I might not make it out alive to reach my eighteenth birthday.

If I do go to camp, I want to finish my psychology online, and I doubt there'd be wifi. I'm sure I'll be able to help in the camp's medical area.

Mom and I left to go to Montauk for the last time, my last time visiting dad without the scrutiny of the gods.

"Rhea! Sally!" my father greets us excitedly.

"Dad!" I give him a big hug.

"I missed you princess," he says.

"Missed you too dad," I reply.

We went inside the palace and I was greeted with a hug from Amphitrite, congratulating me on a job well done.

After settling down, we all sat down in the living room area.

"Rhea, the time has come, in a few days you have to go to camp," my father says sadly. Mom looks like she is about to cry.

"I know," I whisper.

"I'll have a hippocampi ready for you to take you as close to the camp as possible. I don't want you to take unnecessary risks on your way there."

"I'll be safe dad, you've trained me well," I assure him.

He looks at me worried, "Something happened on Olympus. Zeus's lightning bolt has been stolen, and he's blaming me for it."

"But you can't steal his bolt, it's forbidden. You told me so yourself."

"Yes, but he thinks a demi-god stole it for me. He thinks you might've stolen it," he says.