Chapter 55 Getting real: Family time

"My name was Zara Marybell Burke. I don't remember much of my childhood. I lived with my grandparents, I don't even remember if they were my mother or father's parents. My home was somewhere in the UK," I started, wringing my hands. 

My father sat next to me on the couch, my mother and step-mother in front of me and Triton on the one-seater on the side.

Don't worry Rhea, we won't judge you or reject you, or be mean or anything," my brother, Triton reassured me with a small encouraging smile. "We only want to know more about you. Your previous life. And only what you are willing to share."

"Thanks Triton," I replied shyly. "I don't remember my mother or father. Their names just kind of slip my mind. My granma's name was Marianne, and grandpa was Will. There were these stories I heard about this world. I remembered them for some reason. About a son you had, with mom, his name was supposed to be Percy Jackson. And was about his life at camp, and there was a war or two. Percy saved Olympus with his friends, which also happened to be Grover and Annabeth."

Taking a deep breath, my father rubbing small circles in my back for comfort, I continued, "But the story changed," I said, tearing up. "I was born instead of Percy. I was so confused. I didn't understand much at all, and I still get confused. No one here was as involved in Percy's life as you are in mine. You didn't have good relationships with my counterpart."

"The Fates and your great-great grandfather explained this to me, even though it was vague. You are meant to be here Rhea. I don't have a son named Percy in this world, in this timeline. I only have you. You are my gift Rhea. No one will take you from me, from us. We are your family," my father reassured me.

"What happens now?" I asked, looking at my lap.

"We continue living our lives. Day-to-day. You will keep training with either me, your brother or even your Uncle Hades who offered a hand in your education," dad replied.

"Uncle Hades did what?" I asked surprised.

"You heard me. I don't like it, but I trust him enough to not hurt you. You need different training. Get used to variety. I would very much like to keep you here, but my older brother has offered me his aid in this matter."

"Is this because of Bianca and Nico?" I asked. My father stiffened.

"I never realized you would catch on to that," dad replied and mom looked confused.

"About Nico and Bianca? Aunt Persephone told me about them. Even showed them to me when we were at the Lotus hotel," I stated.

"Hades wishes to integrate them slowly to the world. They have been in that hotel for decades. Protected. It would do you good to be part of their transition," dad commented, looking a little sour-faced.

"You don't look too happy about it," I stated uncomfortable. I don't want him to be upset with me.

"Don't worry my child. I am only worried about you."

We spoke for another hour or so before I had to accompany my father and brother on their rounds around the kingdom. It gets boring out there. So I see how far I can annoy my big brother when others aren't around. Dad is close by if Triton decides to takes revenge.

A/N: Hey friends!!! It's been months since the last updates. Here we are today. I would love some feedback if you have any. If you have any ideas, please comment, or even PM me. Sometimes I get writer's block.

What a hectic year! We can do this!