Chapter 46

Rhea POV

After we went to the Big house with Chiron, and Luke being dragged into the closet jail and locked in. We sat down and discussed our quest.

If Chiron could faint from shock, I'm sure he would. Especially the part with Persephone, and then Hades, and then my dad, and then Olympus and here we are.

I struggled to sleep and when I did, I dreamt of my dad dying, and mom dying, and everyone around me were lying in heaps around me. 'You made this happen,' a raspy voice whispers behind my back. I turn around and see no one. 'Now you will die too,' an image of myself appears before me and stabs me with a pitch black dagger through my heart.

Gasping for breath as I wake up in tears, clutching at my chest. Wishing nothing more than to hug my mom and dad right now. "It felt so real."

I stand up to use the restroom, and look out the window at the sun shining through the clouds.

A weight settles in my stomach. Everything has changed, I don't think I'm ready for this. I want to go home. My real home, with my grandparents. I'm scared.

There's a knock on my door, "Hey seaweed brain, it's time to wake up," Annabeth's voice comes through the door of my cabin.

I wipe the tears as much as I can, splash cold water on my face trying to wash away the evidence of sadness. "I'm coming," I yell out.

We missed breakfast. It was lunch time when Annabeth knocked on my door. Everyone knew almost everything about the quest. About how my father defended me.

Did they stare? Yes.

Was it weird? Yes.

Can I go home to my mom or dad? No.

I still had to stay the rest of the summer to train. I got to know some of the campers besides Grover, Annabeth and Chiron. I was told that I can't see my dad, or well, he can't see me. But I know we'll work around it.

My online studies have suffered. I don't have the emotional capacity to study. That weight in my stomach is always there. That dream never leaving my mind.

Although, the Apollo cabin heard that I am a physical therapist and have roped me in at the infirmary. It has helped me get out of my funk.

Annabeth and Grover has sent me worried looks throughout my time at camp and even tried to speak to me about my feelings. I refused. 'I'm fine,' I said, and they would leave the subject alone.

Annabeth POV

"Something is wrong with Rhea," I tell Grover as he eats one of his cans.

"Yeah, I've noticed," he said chewing open mouthed.

"I'm worried about her. She has been much more withdrawn since we came back," I replied.

"She was accused of stealing the bolt, then nearly killed a few times by the Lord of the skies. She might be worried about that," he said.

"Maybe, she doesn't want to talk about it," I run my hand through my hair.

"Let's give her time. Be her friend. We shouldn't push too much," Grover replied, "and if worse comes to worse, we can always try to contact her dad."

That's the problem Grover. We don't want to contact her dad.