Chapter 49 Emotional

Poseidon's POV

For the first time in months I felt her emotions, and not only that, it's the first time I've ever felt her this devastated. This distraught. It broke my heart.

I headed towards her room, opening the door, seeing my daughter crying in her mother's arms.

I have never felt my mouth as dry as now as the words failed to come out at the sight before me.

Stepping closer to the two, I hug both of them as my daughter cried. It's strange, my little Rhea fell asleep in my arms.

"What happened?" I ask Sally quietly.

"She's not okay. We need to help her. I don't know how," she said helplessly.

"You got her to open up Sally, you are doing great. I'll talk to her." I said, already thinking of ways to hurt those who made my daughter feel this way.

Sally left to speak to Triton about Rhea. I sat with Rhea for maybe an hour while she slept. She woke up slowly.

She groaned confusedly, "Dad?"

"Are you okay?" I ask softly.

"Yeah, I have a headache though."

I placed my hand on her head and pushed some of my power over her, easing her pain.

She released a sigh of relief.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask her.

"I...I don't...know. Where's mom? She asked looking around.

"She went to speak to your brother. You know, whatever it is, you can tell me too. I can go get your mother if you want?" I asked. She shook her head.

Taking a resolved breath in, she started, "I feel so anxious all the time," she murmured.

"Was it because of the quest?"

She frowns, still laying on my lap. I can see her wrestling with herself. I keep quiet even though I want to demand what has upset her.

"I guess that everything just hit me at once. I just wanted to go home. I studied and studied, I finished school. I accomplished what I wanted to. And then I feel like everyone put these expectations on me," taking a deep breath she continued, "when I got to camp I was excited and scared. But I did it. I completed the quest. I pushed through my feelings regardless of the situation," She said, pausing for a moment.

"But that's not all, is it?" I inquired. She nodded meekly.

"I had this dream," she said and I tensed, If it's a demi-god dream. Continuing, "Both you and mom were there, you died. I watched you bleed to death. It was horrible!" she cried harder.

"Shhh, my darling," I said trying to comfort her, "that will never happen." I'll make sure of it.

"You don't understand. There were dead bodies everywhere!" she said, panicked stricken. "I was alone, then I heard a voice saying. 'You made this happen. I turned around and saw no one. And suddenly there was someone who looked like me who said, Now you will die too, she then stabbed me with a pitch black dagger through my heart."

Breathing deeply through her tears she continues, "It was my entire fault. All of you died because of me. All of you will die because of me. I want to leave. I don't want to hurt you."

Anger consumed me at the thought, "You will not be going anywhere," I stated. "Do you understand?"

She stayed silent and looked down. Silent for too long.

"Rhea, look at me!" she turned to face me, teary-eyed. "You won't leave me. Do you understand?"

Her jaw quivered, "Yes dad, I understand."

"Good." I said, relaxing my posture. I hugged her tight to my chest. Her head under my chin. "I can't lose you. I won't. That dream you had will not come to pass."

She relaxes into my embrace again.

A stretch of silence encompasses us, she won't leave. I had to reassure myself.

"Dad?" she pulls away from my embrace.

"Yes my daughter?"

"I'm sorry." She apologized.

"No darling, you are still so young and are facing many challenges as a demi-goddess. I can't fully understand what you are going through and what you feel. But I know you can't run from your problems," I told her.

"I can't get rid of this weight in my stomach, I can barely sleep at night because of that dream playing on repeat," she said.

"I will chase away any bad dream you might have. Be rest assured that we are all safe here."

No one will touch what is mine! I'll pay a visit to Morpheus.

Rhea POV

I felt safe in my dad's arms, but I can't stop thinking about it. What am I going to do?

My dad scared me, he never raised his voice, but the anger shone clear in his eyes at the idea of me leaving.

Peace fell on the two of us as we spoke about camp and the other gods. Mom came in and sat with us on the bed. We had discussed the dream together. Mom did look worried about the dream as she knows about demi-god dreams, but dad reassured her as he had me. They shared a look but had no idea what it was about.

We ate dinner with the rest of our family. Triton sat next to me as mom and Amphitrite sat next to each other on the other side of the table, while dad sat at the head of the table.

"Rhea, how are your studies doing? You said something about online studies?" surprisingly the question came from Amphitrite.

"Uh, yeah," rubbing the back of my neck, "it's not doing too good. I think I want to take a break from studying for now."

"Are you sure, Rhea?" Mom asked shocked.

"Yes mom, I want to take a break. I still have a lot of time to decide if I want to pursue this," I said, feeling resolved.

"Then it's settled," dad said, smirking he continued, "you will be joining me and your brother as we attend to our duties. As the princess of Atlantis, you will need to learn as much as you can."

Oh no.

"On second hand, maybe I should continue with my studies," I said. Dad looked highly amused.

Triton laughed and said, "No take-backsies. You'll be joining me tomorrow for training with the mermen and mermaids."

"I think that's a great idea son!" dad exclaimed, and I groaned.

I hate training.