Chapter 51

Chaos

Everything is falling in place. Rhea has definitely grown mentally and physically. Unfortunately, she is still plagued with her insecurities from her previous life. It's one of the reasons I took most of her memories, so that she can learn to trust. To depend on her family.

Not that my children and grandchildren and great-great-great-great grandchildren are the best example of family.

Poseidon makes mistakes, he gets jealous, he might be easily enraged, but he loves fiercely and truly. He might not have been the best husband, best 'boyfriend', best brother, best friend, best father. Now with a daughter who has softened his heart, he has changed. He has become better in all aspects. I am proud of him.

Rhea stands on the edge of a knife, a defining moment of her life. The dream serves as a warning over the power she possesses over her family, but also a huge steaming bowl of foreshadowing which will not be revealed for a long time because the writer only has an inkling of what she wants to write but paves the way for the possible storyline.

Poseidon is protective and prying, I will need to speak to my grandson soon enough. He does not like me. He doesn't really like anyone apart from his immediate family.

Rhea POV

What an emotional rollercoaster! I hate crying, and feeling so useless. I've been swimming around with Triton, watching him do his duties. Greeting the mermen and mermaids on our route, they bow to us as we pass.

"As you are part of the royal family, you will have your own duties, sister," he told me, his mer-tail in full swing, literally. Triton looks huge without his human legs.

"DO I have to?" I moan.

"Great, my sister is finally turning into a teenager," he murmured.

I stick my tongue out at him to which he gave me a sharp look.

"Sister, I normally don't mind our banter, but as we are out in public, please refrain from sticking your tongue out at me. The merfolk will see this as a sign of disrespect. We want you to make a great first impression on those who have yet to meet you," he said sternly.

I bowed my head and blushed, feeling embarrassed, "Yes Triton."

I kept quiet for a better part of five minutes before Triton sighed and apologized for sounding like a prick. And explained again why it's important to act appropriately in public. To earn the trust of the merfolk who don't generally like any mortals.

"I understand Triton. I was just embarrassed. I sometimes forget that you and dad are royalty. That you are an actual prince and a god."

"Rhea," he caught my attention, "Sometimes we forget that you are still mortal, a demi-god. Sometimes we forget your age, despite your maturity. You are still a child."

"I don't feel like a child," I stated softly.

"That's the problem Rhea. You mustn't feel like a grown woman. You aren't. Father and I will help carry your burdens. You are not alone."

I hugged him tightly, "thank you," I whispered. Maybe Persephone was right, they won't care that I am reincarnated.

After what feels like hours, we returned to the palace. My mother greeted me with a bright smile,

"Hello my little princess. How was your day?"

"Bleh, it was bleh. You know mom, mermaids and mermen are really snobbish," I said.

"Uhuh?" Triton said with a raised eyebrow, "Are you calling me a snob?"

"No of course not," I said innocently. "I'm talking about the ones not part of this family."

"Mmm," he replied, not believing a single word of it, "of course little sister. You sound convincing."

Meanwhile....

Luke Castellian has never been this frustrated. He paced back and forth in the small closet space. Kronus is furious. He constantly wakes up from being tortured in his dreams.

His plans failed, all because of Rhea Jackson!

No one cares. The gods are useless! They don't care. No one cares!

He lets out a frustrated screech, hitting himself in the head.

He hears footsteps coming towards the makeshift jail cell.

Steeling his face for his new audience, he waits for the interrogation.

The door opens and he gasps, taking a step back. His façade breaking, showing his true feelings.

"Hello, son," his father greets with a morbid face.

"Dad?"