Chapter 2

I can't breathe, the walls are closing in on me, and then a light, I feel hands holding me the next moment, I hear voices in the background, I can't see, Am I blind?  I struggle to open my eyes. Panic envelopes me and I cry out. Exhaustion flows through me. The next thing I know, my mind is covered in darkness, in blissful sleep.

"Hey, my little girl, are you hungry?" a kind voice wakes me. She sounds different. Opening my eyes, I feel panicked, I am tiny, this woman is either a giant or I am really small, What happened? Then in a moment, my memories come back to me, I have just been reborn, the Fates, they spoke to me. I can't remember what exactly they said to me. All I know is that one, I am hungry and two I was chosen to be reborn. Fantastic!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm six months old now, and so far I am doing okay. It's been rough but I have no choice in this. My mum, Sally, is really amazing and beautiful. I love her already. Her accent isn't what I'm used to but I have gotten used to it.

I am in the world of Percy Jackson, the world of the Greek gods. And my father, I haven't seen him yet. It's scary to think that Poseidon is my father. My mum looks sad sometimes, it is probably because of him.

I can't sleep right now, the joys of childhood is an overactive mind, and the attention span of a fly. I'm alone with my thoughts. I miss my mum, Sally, I can't explain it, I feel lonely, but I don't want to wake her up, she has barely gotten sleep over the past week, I got the flu and kept her awake most nights.

There's a strange sound at the front door, footsteps echo in the house, they are too heavy to be Sally's. I sit up to face the door to see who it is, ready to cry out to warn my mom. It's a man's silhouette. He comes closer to my cot slowly, I can feel the power radiating from him, he feels like home, Is this my father? Is this what all his children feel like when they are with him?

He sees me looking at him, "Hello my son," he says softly. Geesh, is he blind? Shows me just how much he knows.

He picks me up and gasps, "A daughter, my first daughter," he laughs joyously. "What is your name darling?" he asks. Well, I can't answer that, I'm a baby.

"Her name is Rhea," I hear the voice of my mum say to my father. He turns around. "Sally... I wanted to come but I couldn't. How have you been? I can't believe I have a daughter, thank you, Sally," my father says.

"I've been good. Tired though. She is a joy to have. My little starfish. I have missed you Poseidon," she replies with a sad smile.

"I've missed you as well, you look as beautiful as ever," my father replies as he hugs me tight to his body. This is getting awkward for me, they are sharing a moment and here I am, just staring between the two.

"Come, I'll  make us some coffee, we can catch up," she says. My father nods and follows her to the kitchen with me in his arms. My father is wearing Bermuda shorts, with a beach style T-shirt. As a baby, everything fascinates you, and that doesn't change just because you are reincarnated. So here I am pulling at my father's colourful shirt, playing with the one pocket, putting my small fist in and out. I hear my new dad chuckle as he looks at me.

"She is beautiful Sally," my mum nods and hands him a cup filled with coffee.

I can feel my hunger rising, and my mum can even see it. She prepares my milk (awful stuff) and hands the bottle to my father.

"Here you go Poseidon, time for your first feeding," she says to him amused, he stares at her a bit fearfully, "I don't know what to do," he replies.