Chapter 19

Hades POV

I sit and stare in disbelief at my sister as she conveys the tale of my brother's newest indiscretion, a child.

My sister has the ability to calm anyone of my family members and she did it wonderfully when my temper erupted worse than Vesuvius, that the whole underworld shook.

"Calm down Brother, please", she pleads.

And so I did, and I listened.

I can't help but be intrigued as my sister spoke of Rhea and the involvement of the Fates in her life.

'This will be interesting to say the least', I think as I consider not killing my young niece.

"Alright sister, I will speak with Poseidon. I will not attempt to kill this child...yet. As you can see I am quite angry with our brother, and after our meeting, then I will decide how to proceed", I tell her and she releases a sigh of relief.

"Thank you, that's all I can ask for", she responds, "I will call for him now".

She disappeared in a warm flash of light, and a few moments later, a blue flash of light appears with the smell of the ocean.

"Hello Hades, it's been a while", My brother greets nervously, and I eye him strangely. 'He's never acted in such a manner before. Interesting'.

"Brother, please, sit", I say, gesturing to a chair.

He sits down and there is an awkward silence.

"I guess a 'congratulation' is in order, despite the broken vow. Come tell me about your daughter", I start.

He looks shocked for a moment when he starts to tell me about Rhea, and her involvement in his life. 'I've never seen my brother so...loving towards one of his children before'.

After our conversation we sat there in silence for a few moments, until he broke the silence, saying,

"Brother, I need to know that when the time comes, that you will stand with me especially against Zeus concerning Rhea, and in turn I will stand with you when the time comes when your son and daughter are revealed".

I stiffen at the mention of my children. 'He has known all along'.

"You know of my children", I state calmly, but on the inside I feel anxious.

"I've known for a long time brother, how you hid them in the Lotus Hotel, keeping them safe. I don't like senseless killing Hades, they are only children", he responds.

"Very well little brother. I will stand by you as you stand by me. We will keep up the ruse that Rhea is Triton's daughter for now. Only the Fates know what the future holds, but I sure hope it's a good one", I respond.

"That's all I can ask Hades. Thank you. And one more thing; Rhea has spoken about meeting you at some point, I would like to introduce her to you in a few months", Poseidon says and disappears in a mist of sea water after I agree to meeting with my niece soon.

"I really hope she is worth it in the end", I say to no one.

Rhea POV

I am so angry, I'm furious, I'm sad and I feel like I want to tear into these people who push me around and say mean things, 'Just because I'm so young'.

I'm so angry that I can feel the water vibrating in the pipes of the entire school, ready to burst. I hear screams from the people in the bathrooms close by as the water from the toilets and showers shoot all over the placw..

"I hate bullies, I hate bullies. I don't want to be here anymore", I cry into my arms when I jump onto my bed, laying on my stomach.

I can still feel the water vibrating, pulsing, ready to be released at a moment's notice.