B2P54

"How dare you!"

How had she dared?

Ash apparently wondered the same thing when he reached out for her and a moment later they were no longer in the dungeons.

"What are you doing?" Exclaimed Saera turning back to face the Prince. "You can't leave them there! No matter what they've done, they had to have suffered enough," she pleaded, unable to bare the thought of the Elvans still imprisoned.

Ash shook his head. "They shouldn't have even been still alive. The virus must have mutated from the wards about the prison."

"It doesn't matter. That doesn't matter. You have to do something," exclaimed Saera.

Ash clutched her closer to him. "I will," he soothed. Waving a hand a spark flew up and away. "There I've sent a message to my general, he will see to it that the prisoners are moved to the healers. But I must get you away from here, my gibinee. You do not want to be here to face the wrath of my Nana. Not till she's had a moment to calm down."

At that Saera gave him the stink eye. Really? She seemed to say with her glare. There was no calming that woman and the Prince well knew it.

But what she actually put to words were, "Earth! Take me back there. I would be far enough from her wrath there."

The Prince reluctantly nodded. "But I will remain with you," he declared.

Saera sighed and shrugged her indifference. She was quite over it. This inexplicable ability she had in accumulating mates. Accumulating them in one hand and loosing them in the other. Her breath stuttered at the thought of Nick and soon her other two Prince's would no longer be hers either. Not hers alone anyway.

She wondered if she should be so upset about that. It was not as if she did not possess a harem of her own. What did it matter if her Prince's added to their own harem.

But the sting in her heart welcomed no amount of logic or reasoning. "Let's go," she said instead. Time here at Feary moved differently to Earth. There was no knowing what had happened there. No way of knowing if her Mage Princes were no longer hers. Cade would be beside himself with worry too. But he'd know she was still alive wherever she was, their mating bond would assure him of that. Just as it assured her they were all still alive. She'd not felt even a drag on her core. They had not been in any distress. That was at least something.

Ash drew her tighter against him then a portal was opened before them and they were walking through it.

They emerged not in the abandoned warehouse in the forbidden night market area but in a luxurious suite of rooms. Saera stepped out of the fae forest and onto the lush carpeting of Ash's penthouses suite staring wide eyed ahead. Staring right back at her was the city's skyline of high-rises. They were clearly smack bang in the centre of the mostly human occupied part of the city. The place where most of the people ticked on a 9 to 5 clock-work while others ploughed on disregarding all boundaries of time altogether.

It was not a favourite part of the city in Saera's books, prefering the woodlands as she did, but to each their own.

"What day is it?" She whispered, her feet drawing her forward towards the view of the city holding her awe despite her dislike of it.

"Does it matter?" Said Ash, his deep melodic voice rumbling out from behind her sending the never ending shiver of awareness rippling down her spine.

Saera's mouth tightened and her hands clenched into fists at her sides. Both in an attempt to thwart the feelings he invoked in her and her thoughts of what may lay ahead. "It might," she bit out, finally on a huff of breath.

Ash shrugged, his movements brushing against her telling how closely he stood against her. His hand slid into hers then he was luring her away from the windows and on through a surprisingly complex array of corridors leading her to his bedroom. The room itself was huge. And despite the size of the room the bed within still dominated the room. But it was not to his bed that the Prince led her, instead he stopped by a power point by the bedside and slid his phone out of his pocket and onto the device. A moment later, the phone beeped to life.

"That was quick." Saera found herself distractedly muttering as her gaze remained glued on the screen waiting for the day and date to appear. And it did.

"Magitech," said Ash, by way of an explanation but Saera was no longer listening. Her gaze remained glued on the screen of his phone. A moment later, the damning date and time on the screen was replaced with a blaring headlines of the days news.

Tonight! The Ball to top all Balls. The royal courts to seek the bride's for the mage Princes.