B2:P28

Touch her?

Svennett narrowed his eyes at him. Darr got to creep into bed with her naked and he was complaining. Sometimes he could just strangle the man.

"This is all your fault."

The words left his lips unbidden. All the pent up frustration. The worry. The secrets. Unlocked with that one accusation.

"Excuse me?" 

His words were cold. As cold as his icy blue gaze. As cold as vampiric skin. As cold as Darr always was, has been... since the day he turned. Yet, he boiled hot for the same woman as he did. He erupted into flames for same woman as he did. Darr would embrace those flames and the death that came with it for the very same woman that could make him want to do the same.

It made no fucking sense. No fucking sense that the real reason why he was in such a foul mood, that Darr was in the same foul mood, was not because the bloody half-Elvan had died out there in battle. Not because Saera refused their touch grieving for the lucky bastard. But because they both had wished  for the same thing. They both had wished for death over disappointing the woman who was their wife.

Wished for that death, and had been denied that wish. Denied the opportunity to release death onto others in that battle field of hell. Denied the opportunity for this unreasonable vengeance he now craved. Nick had been Saera's. Hers to love, hers to lose and hers to mourn. So why did he feel the need to avenge his death? Why did he feel the need to take in on not with the blasted deamons but with the damn Academy. It was their fault the Elvan halflings had been sent off to their doom. What the fuck had they been thinking?

And, what the fuck was Darr still thinking? Their bond made Darr's feelings clear enough to Svennett. And it was clear as hell that Darr would go on a suicide mission at the drop of a single tear from their oblivious wife. If knowing that wasn't reason enough to rage than Svennett didn't know what was.

How could such a small person hold such power over him... over them... and still remain oblivious about it. It was a conundrum to be added to the growing list of conundrums. He couldn't take it anymore. And he almost welcomed his mother's efforts in finding him a bride because of it.

Perhaps that was exactly what he needed. What Darr needed too. Another wife. Their own separate wife.... to take their minds off the wife they shared between them.

Perhaps he shouldn't be putting up such a fight and simply let his mother have her way. Another wife, a public wife would solve a lot of problems.

And he would send Saera back to her home. Massey would be better placed to look after her. Cade was her husband too and he would be more than happy having her all to himself... for a bit. Jealousy ate at him at the thought of the wolf having unfathomable access to his wife. Saera had been his first. She was his now. That wolf had no business sleeping in his bed with her.

This was exactly why she had to go. She made him do crazy things.

"How is it my fault? You fucker!" Darr demanded, breaking out in a rant of his own. "Fists or swords?" Darr questioned next taking an unexpected leap from verbal bashing straight to clean bloodshed.

She made Darr do crazy things too.

"Fists it is. See you in the gym." Perhaps Darr had the right of it, perhaps he merely needed to clear his mind the good old fashioned way. By giving Darr a good trouncing.

There was no course to take sure drastic measures yet. A second wife will have to wait. He could hardly handle the one wife they shared between them. He wasn't sure how he was going to handle a wife all on his own.