B2P43

Her eyes ran over the their bright skin, her mind putting two and two together and coming up with a crap load of shit she didn't want touch even with a yard long pole. Her frantic gaze rose up to his and was not happy with the glint of triumph she saw in his eyes. It made her want to do stupid things. Stupid things like take off running to stars knows where, in a land she didn't know, and well, just keep on running.

"Saera."

Her name murmured in that melodical tone set her heart pumping and her mind scrambling for a perch.

"Saera," he said again, when she did no more than stand there gawking, her mind in shambles where the voice of chaos rose to a fever pitch crying, " Run! Run! Run!"

Her feet paid attention even if her mind remained confused and before she knew it, Saera was off running. Wrenching free from his gentle grip, Saera took off to parts unknown. Giving in to the urge to quite simply, run.

"There is no running from this." His gently whispered words seem to catch the wind drifting up to her no matter the distance she was putting between them. His voice sounded almost amused. He probably thought her nuts. She couldn't help turning back to look and saw his simply standing there staring after her, the quirk to his lips showing his amusement. But seeing his presence getting smaller and smaller with the distance she was putting between them did nothing. Not when the strength of his presence was steeped all around her.

Tearing her eyes away, she looked forward in time to veer right out of the path of a tree she almost slammed into. It was a strange looking tree. A relative to the pine family no doubt but a blue pine had never looked that blue on earth. It's almost indigo hues were startling enough to falter her hurried steps. Her pace slowed then almost to a halt and her eyes ran about taking in her surroundings. Before a new kind of fear swamped her mind, and then she was running blind again. Her hands reaching out to shove aside strange limbs, leaves and branches that brushed against her skin almost caressing in their gentleness. Her bewildered mind frantic in her need to get away not heeding any of the other frantic warnings that rose to the front. The most blatant of which cried," Where the fuck was she going? This was Faery! She couldn't just run back to Earth."

But she also knew she couldn't just run back to the Prince either, not if she wanted to remain even remotely sane. Or perhaps that was the real problem here. Perhaps there was no Prince. And there was no Feary. Perhaps this was just her mind playing tricks on her. Perhaps she'd really just upped and lost it.

The ledge over a sharp drop appeared out of the blue. A brush of leaves aside and her feet came to an abrupt halt staring down over the edge of ravine. The loud cacophony of a  waterfall drawing her startled gaze. How could she missed that? More importantly, how had she even stopped at all?

"I would never have let you fall," his voice whispered in her ear, seeming to come from all around her. "Not now when I finally have you." His voice echoed in an almost hollowed way. "Not now when I know you are mine."

A shudder ran down her spine at that and instinct kicked in. Saera whirled to find him standing there right behind her.  His hand reached out to brush a leaf out of her hair. His voice when it drifted out over her had all of the subtleties of a raging bull that left her heart thundering in her chest loud enough to almost drown out his words. "Not now that I know you are my mate."