Part 32

Escaping a vampire whilst on a run was an impossible feat. Saera knew better than to attempt it. But she did anyway and suffered a sore bottom later, for her attempt. Darr tackled her down in a dive that made short work of her run. The flat of his hand landing on her ass with resounding impact several times before he let up. She rose to her feet with an angry sob.

"Don't flirt with another man, if you know what's good for you," he added the threat with a soft menacing smirk.   Saera clenched her teeth baring it right back at him. She was not afraid of him. She didn't know how he became a vampire and yet still had access to his powers, but some sixth sense told her they had more of a need for her than she had of them.

"I am not the one who chased after you for marriage," she reminded him. "You're nothing but a pretty fuck to me." She dared to lean in closer ignoring the flare of anger at her words. "You need me more than I need you. I would take care in how you treated me if I were you."

He flashed his fangs and growled down at her threat. Saera threw back her spine ramrod straight and snarled up at him. In that time Svennett ambled up to them, his thread slow and unhurried as he eye them both with an amused smirk.

"Saera," he murmured, the leisurely way he said her name, melted some of that temper. "I think a truce of some sort would be in order." He glanced between Saera and Darr consideringly, and decided to lay it all out for her. Murmuring a mute spell, the concave of silence sprung up around them.

"I married you for him," said Svennett, nodding at Darr.

"We married you," corrected Darr, promptly.

Svennett rolled his eyes, shaking his head. Then continued with a sigh. "Perhaps you are right. We need to explain this to you. But not here I think. It's not safe."

Saera eyed both Princes suspiciously. They may have earned her vote in bed, but she didn't trust them with a stone's throw. Still she doubted they would attempt anything more sinister then they already had. And Saera didn't think she would put too much of a protest to another lay if that was what he had in mind. She could be bought with seduction. Or an article of clothing or two. A ballgown perhaps. Almost rubbing her hands with relish at the very idea of having two delectable princes to prey on, Saera gathered a modicum of calm and nodded her approval regally. If she was going to do royal, she might as well start the way she meant to follow through.

Lifting her head to a snobby angle, she added almost pompously, "Lead on."

Svennett's lips twitched at the corners giving her a glimpse of his amusement at her expensive. And she grunted inwardly in dismay. She was the butt of nobody's joke. At least she won't be anymore. Not if this came out. The fool princes should thread warily.

"Come," said Svennett, his hand reaching for hers. Eyeing the extended limb with a wariness of her own, she accepted her clasp and just in time before the world went dark around her and she was pulled into a portal that opened up into a luxurious room Saera knew instinctively was no where on the Academy grounds.

"Where are we?" She breathed shakily, taking a step back from where she realised she was pressed up against him.

"My home," he said. Then corrected, " One of my homes."

"Where's Darr?" She questioned looking around.

"He can catch his own portal wind. I am no free ride."

She turned to face him then. "Even for me?"

"Especially, for you," he murmured darkly. The deep timbre to his tone husky with hidden promise. Saera tore her gaze away taking in her surroundings and noted, staring at the huge bed in the centre, she was in a bedroom. His bedroom. And suddenly she couldn't wait for him to get on with his explanation. She could think of several ways she could get even with them for all the shit they put her through. And all of it could be done with that bed.