B2P55

"What do you want to do?"

The words echoed through her head as the news held her system in shock. Why was she in shock at all she didn't understand. It was not as if she hadn't known this was coming. It was not as if her Prince's wedding another was news to her.

But for some reason, it was.

And it was not because she missing all of a week did nothing to dissuade her Princes of taking this route. Of delaying even. At least not just because of that. Disappointment weighed heavy in her bones. But more acutely, plain loss.

It was really over.

Her Princes were lost to her. The shock from realising that grabbed her of her breath.

Saera didn't really know why at all, but she was not going to just give in to that shock either. She had an invitation to at least one of those Prince's balls. A personal invitation from the queen no less and nothing was going to stop her from going. Which brings her to Ash's carefully voiced question still resounding in her head.

Lifting her chin up and firming her jaw, Saera stated in no uncertain terms, "I will go to fucking ball, that's what!"

His sigh was a sweet breeze of fresh Elvan air. Flashes of the unique day forests they'd only just stepped through fluttered through her brain. She shook her head, momentarily bemused to think she'd actually Breen tramping about the Elvan forests only moments ago. It was almost surreal. As surreal as the news that now held her transfixed.

Her freaking Princes were fucking getting married. What the hell? Anger did what nothing else could and snapped her out of it. Then hunger did the rest, turning her attention from word ahead to the needs of the present.

"But first, some food!" She announced, to the fay looking at her so intently. "I feel as if I haven't eaten in a week."

His adoring grin split up his face, making it impossibly that much more hotter than it already was and Saera was back to being out of breath. Breathless in the face of his glory was as good a way to go as any, she decided. But he must have realised her predicament for he turned abruptly away and lifted his phone to his ear, putting in a call to goddess knows who to summon them some much needed food.

Saera made her way out of the plush bedroom unwilling to test the fates and spend more time then necessary within its luxurious quarters especially in Ash's close proximity. That was just tempting fate to do it's worse. And she knew better than most, just what laughs fate had at her expense. What horrors it had in store already for her, she didn't need an enamored Elvan prince to add to the mix.

No, in that respect at least the time had come for her to strike it out on her own. To leave her world in the shambles it was falling in for another, but not for the Elvan world. That way led to a dead end. Quite in the most literal sense, if the Queen had anything to say about it.

She took a moment to find a bathroom and refresh herself as best she could and then plunked her arse on the living room sofa to wait out her newest Prince. Once discovering his phone, he seemed to need to spend an inordinate amount of time on it. Lots to catch up on, she supposed. While Saera herself fell into a vortex of tension the ticking of the clock and rumbling of her tummy led her too. She was running out of time. The day was easing swiftly into night.

And she didn't even have a dress yet. Was it too late to 'shop' for one now? The dresses she would flit her nimble fingers over were no doubt already cladding the figures it was bought to adorn. She did have her earlier stolen dress, while not appropriate for an event of this magnitude, it would still do. But first she would need to get back to the Shore Mansion to dig it out of her trunk.

That thought led her to Massie. Who must be worried sick about her.

The bell to Ash's penthouse chimed elegantly, hopefully announcing the arrival of food. So much to do, but as always - food first.

The aroma of something wholesome and nutritious whifted through the air causing her nose to wrinkle. While the turmoil she was in led her preference to fast food, she was hungry enough to eat anything... even a Prince.

Prince Ash Evans stepped out of his room, clad in nothing but a damp towel and a scatter of water droplets rolling off his chiseled as he made his way on silent bare feet across the plush soft carpet to answer the front door.