B2P51

"What...," Svennett shook his head astound. "How...?" He muttered then shook his head again, not able to finish either sentence.

"How did I know?" The Queen of Darklings let out an inelegant snort. "It didn't take a genius to work that out my dears," she said turning to face Svennett, and sparing a glance at Darr as she did so.

"The directive was clear, all mate's to the witches had to return to them. That was true for all of them, even the Mages with harems had to move back in with their latest addition to their harems. Lessons for the new witches was of course of all importance in the trying times we now face. And but whom did you both shackle up with? None other than the most shunned coven in all of our history." She paused there for a dramatic sigh of disappointment, as if their actions, that then could now see had been foolish in the extreme had filled her with dismay. "There is only one logical reason for that to happen, my foolish child," she said, unable to not rub it in. "One of you is her mate."

She spared another absentminded glance at the pallid prince before returning her focus on her son. "It did not take me two guesses to decide which of you two was the guilty party.  You were never one for following convention, Svennett. And your hunger for power has been bred into your very genes," she said that last with almost a sense of pride. "The Shores are the most powerful line in witchery. Saddling them on our side is a stroke of genius. But you could have come to me Svennett, I would have supported you. Only I would have still also suggest you take on a more respectable addition in forming your harem as well. A show bride if you must."

"Keeping up appearances is everything after all," she continued on, as the pin drop silence in the room threatened sent go on uninterrupted. "And harems have always been all the rage."

She narrowed her eyes at her son's continued silence. "You will take your next bride at the ball this week, Svennett. You will announce your bethrothal to a witch of impeccable background and you will grin and bear it. Even after your wedding nights turns out to be no where near as satisfactory with your more inappropriate shunned mate. You will smile to the masses and rule this nation as the Prince you are."

The room echoed back her words almost creepily, but neither of the men in the room so much as twitched in reaction to it. Letting out an exasperated sigh, the queen turned to leave them to it. She'd done her part and let out her warnings. She knew her son would follow through. He had been raised well and by her afterall. Svennett knew his duty.

But a sudden pang of loss had her turning back at the door to carelessly state, "But heed this, I still expect my next batch of sex spell from your Saera. She is afterall the first in your harem, her place should not be overlooked."