P2 B30

The light was a blinding glare and the urge to shut her eyes against it was great. But the will of Massey Shore was stronger. A will that had her threatening bodily harm if Saera did not wake up that instant. It was not that she feared the harm itself. She'd faced a horde of deamons and sailed through the worst that had happened with at least her limbs intact if not her soul. She should easily face off one glaring Massey Shore. Should, but couldn't. The life long ingrained sentiment to not raise Massey's ire took hold and had her conforming to dictates even against her will.

"You're not just a Shore now you know. You're a Luna too. You have your pack's well being to consider."

She tuned in to what Massey was saying long enough to quickly tune out again. She didn't want to be Luna. She didn't want a pack to rule over. She wanted Nick. Nick the big Dick. Oh my goddess, he's dead.

The urge to wail over the loss of the only mate she'd ever longed for was great. But she found her eyes dry of tears. And her mouth and throat dry too. Perhaps it was time to get up... and get herself a glass of water.

Rolling out of bed, she found every bone in her body ached. Lying in bed unmoving for so long made her limbs weak and the lack of nutrition had her head spinning. She was clad in an oversized t-shirts. One she knew from its scent belonged to Cade. What about Nick's shirts? What had happened to his belongings? Did his old team know he was dead?

The ache in her chest spasmed and her knees crumbled. But a strong arm reached for her. Supporting her weight and holding her upright. Cade. Again the tears that threatened could not be shed. Instead her face contorted in soundless anguish that only served to make her headache more.

"Get yourself cleaned up," ordered Massey, harshly. "And get downstairs. We have work to do." The words helped clear her thoughts and her eyes took in the new lines that creased her familiar face. Despite the hard tone, Saera could see her worry. Knowing that she caused it, had her trying to straighten her back and take her weight on her limbs. She waited until Nassau nodded her head in approval before turning to leave the room. Then she collapsed into Cade's waiting arms.

He cradled her to his chest before lifting her up in his arms and taking her to the bathroom. The plumbing was antiquated but the room was spacious enough to accommodate two. He stripped out of his clothes then pulled off hers. Then they stood there under the cold shower for a bit before he reached for the soap and began to wash her