B2. P3

Fire and brimstone.

That's what she saw around her... with the Academy up in smoke.

"Clear out!" Called out the elve brought in to instruct on the Medicinal properties of herbs. A class... the very first class of the day that had gone awry. Saera knew this was only the beginning. The rest would follow in the same paths of destruction. Professor Higs rushed forth to face the flames of hell, straight on. Then with a muttered chant the fire dispelled.

Piercing dark eyes that swallowed the orb of the eye whole glared at Saera. "We do not summon hell fire with help of hot peppers." The scowl he levelled at her was menacing but Saera drew her shoulders back with shivers running down her spine from the eerie laughter that had nothing to do with the Professor with pointy ears nor the spell casting he had been attempting to teach. The hell fire hadn't sprouted from the hot peppers or from Saera herself. Mother had paid a visit. Not her in person but her ethereal self. Born of the flames of hell. Hell really had broken roost and it's occupants came calling to drag her off into it.

"Focus!" Professor Higs snapped long lean fingers in her face. Saera blinked and turned back to face the ingredients splayed across the lab table. They were meant to be mixing an assortment of herbs to make a salve for healing. Hell fire... indeed any fire, had no place here.

"Could you tell me how you did that?" Saera couldn't help asking. "How you put out those flames?" It would be a useful trick to learn given what she would undoubtedly be facing on a regular basis now. Her mother's attempts to lure her to hell. As if she wasn't already burning in the fires of a hell of her own making. Her eyes flickered to catch a furtive look at Nick the dick who was also in this class with her. He caught her look and returned it with a slow lascivious wink. And her blood caught fire running up her body in flames. She gulped and tore her attention back to the Professor.

He cast her a doubtful look. "Perhaps you should focus your attention to the milder spells at hand before you go burrowing into more devious ones."

A rosy flush rose to her cheeks. She couldn't fault the professor on his chiding given the evidence before him. But it embarrassed her to be reprimanded so, especially in Nick's know-it-all presence.