Part 58

Saera batted sleepy eyes at the delicious sight. Unlike the foolish princes she had done the deed right. Striped her quarry down to their skin so should could better appreciate the magnificence of creation. They were a work of art. But they failed to realise she was really just a piece of work. She snickered.

Her cover of invisibility had already fallen aside. They could gape at her now at will. Her eyes drifted shut. Her stash of food in her pack had not been enough but it would be morning soon enough and she could partake in a feast fit for kings then or a queen as the case may be. Her smirk grew if a tad bit lopsided with her being so tired and all.

The draining had been difficult. But once she managed to sip off the energy encircling Nick's wrists and ankles, she could simply do the same with her own. It had taken a whole lot longer since hers was linked to her skin. But she didn't just need to siphon off the energy about her limbs she had needed to drain down her core. So when she'd finally broken free and tumbled down to the debris littered floor, she had simply lain there and continued forcefully expanding her energies from her body. It had been the equivalent of pulling blood out of her body through sheer will. But apparently her will was great.

Once the pooling out of her energies started she could withstand the whiplash. She could ignored the need to draw it all back. The draining had taken hours. She was thankful the Princes had stayed away for as long as they had it they would have caught her out in her attempt and no doubt put a stop to it somehow.

But they hadn't returned. And hour after hour, her core lost more and more of the life force that sustained her. Draining her energies had essentially been the same as draining her life force. The two were interlinked for those with power. Another fact she hadn't known. She'd blacked out three times during the process but thankfully the draining hadn't stopped when that happened.

When the last of her energies left her, she laid in a barely conscious heap on the floor. But that it seemed had been enough for her to take note of the sparkles that were linked to her soul. Three unique signatures. One weaker than the others. Two wizard and one not. They were the soul links.

And there were three.

That left her stumped for a bit. She'd floundered about cluelessly after that but then disregarded that element of surprise and narrowed her focus back on the other two stronger soul links. The links to wizards. She'd latched onto those with parched hunger and tugged with all her might.

Nothing had happened at first, but then a trickle of energies. Unfamiliar energies. Wizard energies started to flow through to her. That trickle grew into a stream but she had taken no more than she needed to set up the trap and then enough to keep the line open before she roused her shaky limbs off the floor to make avail of the bathroom and hunt herself some  food and water. She'd used some of the slippery wizarding energies to craft up the invisibility and then had merely waited. Tucked up in bed and trying not to fall asleep.

She eyed the disgruntled princes now all trussed up like a turkey. Well no, she tilted her head quizzically, more like a stung up sacrifice. Her snicker this time was silent as her body begun to shut down in fatigue. At least, she hoped it was just fatigue. It would be a shame to drop dead now.

Now that she had two princes all strung up awaiting her pleasure.