B2 P32

The link was snail pace slow but the terms had been typed in and all that was left to do was print and sign. The led symbol on the printer lit up and the sound of the machine activating droned on before the bar begun to move rolling out the sheet with Saera's will displayed across it.

"Are you sure this is what you want to do?" Massey whispered to her, leaning in from across the desk so she wouldn't be heard. "It's not too late to put a stop to this."

Saera shook her head mutely. It was already too late. It was all too late. There was really nothing left to do... but die. But Massey didn't need to know that just yet.

The beta and a few of the other were already summoned and waiting to witness this. Saera gathered the paperwork as the printer spat them out and then still hot off the print, she scribbled her signature across with a flourish. Saera Shore. And uttered the magical chant under her breath to make it binding. No courts could overrule it then. Magical or otherwise.

"You will need to sign on as witness," said Saera to the watching Weres. They tilted their heads in blatant curiosity before the beta stepped up. She took the papers in hand and silently read through it.

"You are bound to silence with or without your signature on that paper," said Saera pointedly. "So you may as well scratch it across that paper and have something come out of all this." She'd seen to the binding spell as soon as her witness crossed into the library. Cade had been promptly sent off to see to the needs of his pack. Something he had neglected for too long in his bid to stay by her side. It had taken much pursuading on her part. And then she had sat there a moment, simply allowing herself to see and feel experiences through his eyes. Something of which she had done a lot of while laying abed in mourning all this time.

She'd turned her attentions to drafting out her will. Of which there was only this house. On her demise and the eventual demise of her aunt Massey, it would be bestowed upon the pack and be a new home for the Weres. For Cade's pack.

Drafting the will had become a necessity and it was something Cade would not be happy to witness. Hence the need for him to remain oblivious to the clauses within.

Saera watched his Beta read through it, then read through it again before promptly adding her signature to the deed as if unwilling to take the chance to Saera changing her mind.

Massey add her signature too, document unread.

"This set is for your copy." Saera handed them each a copy of the signed contract.

The beta rolled up hers, before raising to her feet to stare down at Saera. "This changes nothing," she declared to her face.

Saera merely nodded. She hadn't intended the gesture as a means to soften the beta towards her. It had simply been a necessity. And watching Cade's pack march on out of the study with the future of the Shore mansion in their hands was a bitter sweet moment of relief and regret.

It was at once a burden lightened off her shoulders and a loss of what had been a Shore heritage. But that was a tainted heritage. A Deamon tainted heritage and it was perhaps time for the line to die a natural death.

But that didn't mean she would go out quitely. No, she had much planned. A resistance. A rebellion. A move for change. In a world already shattering at its seems it was time someone took the mantle of change. And with her mixed heritage there was no better person for that then Saera herself. Unfortunately, that change might first have to happen from Hell itself. And a visit to mother dearest might be in order for that too happen.

Afterall, she was not above laying the blame where blame was due. And Nick was dead at the hands of deamons. Deamons her mother let loose on them.

"You know, this just gives them all the more ammunition to write off as dead." Massey's words tore her scheming thoughts for vengeance back to the present.

"What?" She returned, clueless.

"Those bitches hated you already for being their Luna. They already wanted you dead so they could have Cade to themselves. And now you've just gifted them the means and the further motivation to make it happen." Massey lifted a sardonic brow at her niece. "In one blow, the would be rid of you as Luna, free Cade for their own pleasure and get gifted the Shore mansion for their efforts."

Saera stared at Massey, eyes wide. And then she let out a shout of laughter. The unexpected burst of amusement in the wake of so much grief had almost hysterical in laughter. Her life was just shit and every move she made only seemed to make it shittier.

"So be it then," she managed finally, sobering up. "But it won't be that straight cut with Cade."

Massey stared at her a moment, not having joined her in laughter, her expression remained solemn. She nodded carefully now, her eyes sad on Saera's. "You don't expect him to survive it, do you?"

Saera shook her head. Cade survive her demise? Was terribly unlikely.