Part 31

So her plan backfired. Not entirely unusual in itself, she was afterall shunned to all intents and purposes. But she was successful all the same in drawing dissatisfied growls and glowers from the wizard princes while exchanging harmlessly flirtatious smirks with the table of single men. They no doubt thought her an easy lay now desperate for any male attention. They all probably did. The A-holes deserved the torment that came with that assumption but the table of singles may have been generating some not entirely unwarranted expectations of their own.

But despite the appeal they offered, Saera already had two too many wizards to deal with. Still the aimless flirtations had to continue, at least until the idiots realised they really truly were only idiots. She flutters her lashes at the chuckling table of wizards stupidly and was rewarded with their very male chuckles. The vacant chair to her left screeched and a heavy frame settled into it demanding her attention. Saera turned a careless glance at the good prince and offered him a magnanimous smirk.

"All right. You can stop this already. I know you know," said the darkling prince, his dark eyes glowering at her threateningly.

"I don't know what you mean," Saera returned innocently. "What is it that you know I know already?"

"Yeah, brother," said a dark voice over her shoulder, sending a river of shivers down her melting spine. "What do you know that you think she knows?" Darr pulled up a chair at her other side and proceeded to fold his large frame around it. He crossed his arms over the top and rested his chin on it pinning his brother than Saera with his piercing blue gaze.

Saera chuckled happily wiggling a taunting brow at first one prince than the other as she reached for her much needed cup of coffee and downed the last of it.

"Tell you what," she said, rising to her feet. "When both of you find the time amidst all your glowering, you can come let me know, what it is exactly you know I know." With a head toss to make even queen bitch Lyra impressed, Saera moved off deciding to spend some time in the library before she went for her morning jog. With lessons that day cancelled in lieu of the ball, there was no rush to get to classes but Saera still had too much to do catching up with the rest of the class. That was the problem in having a birthday nearly in the mid of a school year. With a resigned sigh, she made her way out of the cafeteria, forgetting for the moment all the male attention levelled at her as she made her way across campus to where she knew the library was meant to be.

The solitary trip was short lived when the wizards, no longer restricted by by a crowd of spectators, came after her... in an entirely too friendly a manner.

"Where are you running off to in such a hurry, witch?" A tall dark haired guy called after her. Saera paused in her absent-minded romp across the campus, to stare at men suddenly surrounding her. A quick glance around told her her location was secluded and the shield of privacy that suddenly shot up around them all, warned her she was in trouble.

"Stupid idiots." Saera couldn't help muttering under her breath. It was the princes fault she was in this predicament in the first place. Now what was she going to do?

Turning around she counted, five in the group who surrounded her. Some she recognised on sight others she didn't. "Well if this isn't a shitty development." Placing her hands on her waist, she eyed the gathered men balefully, deciding to bluster her way out of this with a confidence she didn't feel.

"Shitty? I think we can all agree you showed us more than the required interest at least until the Princes came and sabotaged it all. I get you'd pick the princes over us, but don't discount the goods until you've tried it, Hun."

Saera grimaced. She was already worn through from trying out two too many goods all night long and time and time again at that. Nope trying out the goods was not an option.

"You're right. I can't say no to royalty. That would be tantamount to treason I'm sure," she said, all wide eyed and stupid-like. This bimboisque ways was growing on her.

"Treason! Ha! Ha!" They laughed. "Wait are you for real? Is that what the princes told you?"

Saera nodded her head, batting her lashes to emphasize her silliness. "They told me I was theirs, you know, since I am their dorm mate and all. That's why I left the cafeteria. I don't want to be responsible for hurting you. And who knows what the princes might do, if you flirted with one of theirs?" She shrugged her shoulders innocently.

They took a step back. The ferocity of the warring Princes was still all too fresh in everyone's mind. No one wanted any of that directed at themselves.

No one except Saera, it seemed, who after watching the men hurry off their plans tossed to the winds, found herself facing off one Prince while being sandwiched between the other. Their grins was matching devious but despite what she knew they'd just heard, sound barriers or not, Saera wasn't ready to throw in the towel yet with these two. Holding on to her bimbo persona, she gave it all she had in the last serve aiming to stay in the game. A mild, harmless smile, tugged at her lips as she marched their lascivious grin for a stupid grin.

"You are ours, you say?" Svennett questioned quirking a dark brown as he tilted his head to stare down at her consideringly.

"Well, I am being punished aren't I? And if I am being punished for your crime, it's only fair I get to punish you in return."

Svennett exchanged a quick glance with Darr over her shoulder, before casually saying, "I am not certain but I think threatening to punish a royal is considered treason and that you must know is a punishable offence."

The turns and twists in their word play was giving her a headache, she flashed a disarming grin at the prince and did a quick about turn, evading Darr's lunge as she laughingly took off at a run.