B2:P10

"Applying your intent into the threads  takes practice and in this lesson we will begin with drawing a single thread and applying a simple intent to it," the madam iterated with a nod that left her bun shaking.

Intent into the thread. She could do this. Closing her eyes, Saera let her awareness of her surroundings fade into the background and then stared intently into the dark searching for threads. But they were all wrapped too tightly, a loose thread could not be found. She frowned at the threads she did find, and scowled as they appeared to entangle even tighter about each other. Reaching out with her mind, she tugged at the ends of one particularly knotted thread and received a whiplash for her efforts.

Blinking her eyes open on a gasp, Saera glanced around at those about her and found they had snagged their threads and were applying their intent to it with ease. A drop of water fell out of nothing, a breeze flowed through the air for another, a flame flickered to life for yet another. One by one, each and every one found a lose thread they could work with and created some wonders with the strand. Saera frowned harder. This would not do. She was a Shore, no matter what that now meant, knowing what she now did. She could do this. She had to. Closing her eyes again, she lost herself to the dark and saw yet more tangled knots, intricate weaves and not a loose strand to be found. How had the others done it? What was she doing wrong?

The worrying thoughts accompanied her as she left with the rest to attend the next class, this one a mixed class with witches and wizards alike. But one with darker intents. The Study of the forbidden arts was of an Ebon Academy origin. A lesson normally not taught to pallids.

Saera shifted uneasily as she sank into a seat beside a heavily inked darkling wizard who did no more than offer her a cursory scowl.

The man who swept into the room with all the authority of a teacher was a darkling wizard. A familiar looking darkling wizard. Saera frowned as she looked up at him, not quite able to place his attractive but thankfully unappealing-to-her face. She had her plate full with men she did find attractive. There was no need to add to the count.

"Learning the dark arts is more vital then ever in a time like this. With the walls between worlds falling, harnessing the power of darkness will be the only thing between you and certain death," said Ashisd Reesh, his longish hair falling across his forehead to cover part of his face. The dark strands an attractive contrast to his creamy pale skin. But the bottomless black of his eyes did nothing to lure her in, instead she shifted on her seat almost wary of his presence.

Looking about her, she saw her other classmates seemed only enthralled by him. Their gazes fixed on him eating up his words as if it held the secrets of the world. Saera cocked her head to a side, listening to his words, and even taking down the necessary notes but she found an unexplained great reluctance to pay heed to anything he said. It all rang false in her ears.

"Deamonolgy will be the first topic we will be delving into. Now, I know it's advanced and usually only taught in your final year here but with the swift changes being thrust upon us, time is no longer a luxury we can entertain. We need to act and we need to act now," he declared pausing for effect as he stared into each and every enraptured eyes. Saera bent her own swiftly to her books. "Two pages on your own interpretation of the casting spell on page 217," he announced smirking to the immediate groans and grumbles of the class, before declaring the class dismissed.

Saera gathered her books and was one of the first to lung out of class. Slinging her bag over a shoulder, she made her way towards the cafeteria, needing a snack before her next lesson. She got cornered by a mutt along the way. A hand reached out to snag her waist while another covered the startled cry before it left her lips.

Hot breath covered her skin before an equally heated mouth closed over the curve to her neck. Open mouthed kiss moved possessively over her skin till Saera muttered a muffled groan. "Cade!" She tried, but the words came out distorted against the hand cupped tightly over her parted lips. His lips persistently devoured at her neck making her panties sopping wet with her heated desire. She pushed half heartedly at his chest and felt his other hand reach for the elastic of her stretch leggings. She hissed a breath as his fingers slipped in, reaching down to caress her nub before dipping eagerly into her contained heat. They both groaned at the wetness he found there.

"Delicious," he muttered drawing his damp fingers back for a tasting. His other hand left her mouth then only to replace it with his lips for a consuming kiss.  Heated crazy moment of devouring kiss later and he released, smacking her as as he shoved her back out into the now busy corridor. So it was with reddened cheeks that Saera decided to forgo the snack and head on to the gym for warrior magic training.

A class, she found, also attended by her two prince.