Part 50

Sunday took the last of the Shores of to Ornery Lane for more supplies of the magical variety.

Saera was woken up, fed toast with jam and had a mug of coffee to help her out before she was shuffled out the front door and was now made to carry the bags as her mother moved about the crowded lanes hunting out bargains and spending their earnings for that week.

Nick the dick Stavros had not sought out a buyer for her sex spell. Spells like that demanded a higher price than usual and therefore sold differently to the regular ware. But Nick took it in his stance to keep her updated on the whereabouts of her spellwork. Usually with a lot of bawdy messages attached. Speaking of the devil and her phone pinged. New messages. A muffled slew of curses escaped her lips. Mostly to avoid a clobbering from her mother who frowned upon had language... unless the situation was sure enough to necessitate it. Saera's hands filled with bags of caper seeds, bull horns and pig's dicks, she had to shuffle through a lot to shift them aside enough to reach for her phone.

BDSM. How do feel about your sex spell being used for that? We have a fat, oversized buyer with a keen interest in sex and inclined towards  kinky proclivities. Think your vast knowledge of sex is up his alley?

Saera bit off another curse and stuffed her phone back into the pocket. What's it to him? If she thought she knew enough about sex to make a sex spell, who was he to say otherwise? She was fucking married now. She'd done the dirty and more than once... with more than one, she was no novice. The phone pinged again and involuntarily, Saera found herself glancing back down at it. Her furrow to her brow deepening as she studied the text.

Unicorn sex! You did incorporate some of that in the mix didn't you, that will only increase the price I can get for it.

What the fuck? Unicorn... was that even a thing? Saera glanced uncertainly about her wondering who she could ask to enlighten her on that count and drew a blank. Her thoughts raced away from her mother glancing down at a mountain of flesh eating beatles as she haggled the price, and lingered on Svennett's cool if daunting persona before drifting off to Darr. Of the three Darr was most likely to answer but only if he was allowed to display that answer in full effect. Saera grimaced, there was no way she was trying any unicorn sex with him or anyone for that matter.

Another bag was thrust back through the crowd towards her and with a mumbling grumble she took it, keeping the clapping claws of Massey's newest purchase away from her skin. She huffed out a heavy breath. She was bogged down with unpleasant things and in a dire need of ice cream. But the fates must for once be on her side. Planets shifted, stars combusted and the universe as a whole spun on its axis, but a few foot stomping steps through the rough throng later, and lo behold an ice cream shop stared back at her. More to more Massey turned back and exclaimed," Ice cream! Let's stop for some."

Grinning eagerly and ignoring the shouts of pain and disgruntlement levelled at her disappearing back, Saera foot-stomped her way out of the crowd only to sink onto the inviting seat beneath the store's outside canopy.

"What flavour?" Massey threw the question at her as she shuffled off more bags into her hands and made to go in to place their order. Saera was childish when she came to her ice cream and she knew her aunt- mother knew that. But at times like this she wondered if Massey knew her at all.

"Chocolate, of course! What else?"

Massey turned to grin at her disgruntled countenance. "I just thought with your advanced age and newly married status, you've finally matured beyond the childish take to chocolate."

A mutinous look came over her face and Saera pronunced implicitly ,"I love chocolate!"

"Okay! Okay!" Holding her hands up, Massey gave in on her teasing and simply hurried off to place their orders.

Sighing with relief, Saera turned to take in the market place then swiftly shuffled her gaze away at the sight of so many angry faces staring at her. But it was not as if she had a choice. In a place that packed, the only way to make it from one end to the other without the use of magic was to fall back on the tried and true method of foot stomping. And she needed to conserve her spell making energies for the brewing marathon her mother apparently had planned, if all their supplies were anything to go by.

Looking for anywhere else to perch her gaze, her search landed her eyes on Fairy Godmother Dresses.

Saera frowned. That place was almost as teeming with customers as the market place. The human fairytales had embellished the tale featuring this dress shop. Highly sought after and patroned by only the magically rich and powerful, it had taken a point of interest in not just the magical world but the human one as well. Dresses fashioned at this place were the trendsetters for the realm as a whole and several other realms beside. It cost more than an arm and a leg to own one. And the very fact that the place was now teeming with what appeared to be witches not yet in full power, meant that hungry witchling mamas were on a hunt for a wizard worthy enough to be labelled a prince.

A prince... her prince? Which prince? Both prince?

What the fuck?