❦ Thirty Four

"Lunch break is over, and now we'll announce the final event!" As the first few students began filing in, Present Mic was quick to incite enthusiasm by beginning his commentary. After spending lunch with a snoozing mummified Aizawa, the duo pro-heroes were back in the commentator's box on their designated chairs.

In a flash, the earlier slightly barren stadium was packed with spectators trilling in fulfillment, lunch down in their stomachs contently. The crowd began walking towards their seats, prepared for the final games to commence in inward excitement. An excitement that only intensified as a shadow would cast their forms, only looking up to the appearance of a slow gliding dragon's underbelly circling the large arena.

It looked like Dragonite was anticipating the next events eagerly too. Eyeing the arena packed people with interested eyes with every slow turn.

You and Midoriya had just trailed inside as the stadium seemed to lighten up, your visage remaining fixated on something you were brooding over that left the poor green-bean beside you antsy. You took no notice to this, eyeing the crowd with seemingly unaffected eyes compared to your first entrance when you stumbled inside in a puddle of nerves. This sudden change had Midoriya hovering close by worriedly and speechless, wondering if there's anything he could do to ease you. In the end, he decided to just stay by your side for the time being.

"But before that, there's good news for those who didn't qualify." Present Mic's booming voice continued, "This is a Sports Festival, so there's a recreational event planned for everyone to participate!"

As the light hit your eyes, you noticed the small group of class B students walking ahead of you two, failing to have noticed earlier that there were Kendo and Tetsutetsu within their group, the former engaged in a lighthearted chatter with her classmates, while the latter leads the cluster. Once everyone finally halted, Kendo who took a small glimpse your way, sent a smile and a wave effortlessly. The action garnering Tetsutetsu's attention, who beamed in your direction. It didn't take long for the rest of their classmates to notice, as they gave their own greetings from afar.

Your lips quirked up into a small smile, your eyes relaxing for a bare moment at the friendly action. It's nice to have some friends outside of your class. Though Class B had seemed a little off-put by the rumors about class A, they were still willing to engage in conversation with you. Granted, you only felt close to Kendo and Tetsutetsu, but it's still nice to be on pleasant terms with the rest. You raised a hand to return the greetings.

If it wasn't for your eyes catching sight of the appearance of another, your slightly pacified mood might've lasted a little longer as (eye color) clashed with haughty grey ones.

When your eyes met with Monoma's, he simply, as if repulsed by the sight of you, crassly turned his head away. It looked like the blond was still sour about his last loss, as he let out miffed 'tch'. This immature notion made you roll your eyes. Guess there was one person, that you can't be with pleasant terms at the end. Nonetheless, you decided to just ignore the haughty male's action to shift your attention to a bumbling Midoriya, still reeling over your odd action in the tunnel.

"Hmm..." Suddenly, Present Mic droned, looking around the small area he was in with confusion. His brows furrowed as he turned to his tired companion. He was a little surprised to be perturbed by the lack of appearance of a certain cat. "Looks like Mouser hasn't arrived yet..."

"Hmm." That was Eraserhead's only response.

"Should we wait out for him or-,"

"No need!"

The teachers whirled their heads around to see a slightly out of breath Meowth, haggardly stationed by the door. The feline held a finger up for a second to catch his breath, leaving the pro-heroes to eye the cat in leveling bafflement before Meowth lifted his head with his usual sneakiness, "For I am Here! Just fashionably late!"