❦ Sixteen

A gurgling scream filled the air, as a three eyed villain held his hands over his multiple eyes, after the little creature had literally smashed its little paws against the thug's eyes.

You watched carefully as Eevee yelled a battle cry, as she hopped towards the other thug. You ordered her, eyes focused on the incoming two others behind the screaming man.

"Eevee, Double kick!" Following orders, she quickly jumped in a motion, her furry paws aiming for the villains' distracted forms, who both were charging towards you. With one swift kick towards the steel-faced thug, he was knocked off the ground, as the other followed suit, smashed back to the ground.

'That should be the last of them...' You thought, you had run through quite the few hooligans, some punching recklessly, as you sighed through your nose distastefully. You weren't an expert fighter, but they really were pretty easy to win, especially with a Pokémon by your side.

Things weren't getting any better, the wind had become more violent as time passed. Gardevoir was getting higher and higher, and you have just arrived a few paces away from the dome.

The air was tense, uncomfortably tightening and unbreathable. You narrowed your eyes at the Pokémon above. There's got to be away you can get up there before the black hole enlarges any more.

The brown-furred creature huffed, standing on her four legs, heaving slightly out of breath as you called out to it hurriedly. "Eevee!" About to walk towards your worn-out Pokémon, until you caught sight of the three-eyed man, who was on the floor screaming in agony earlier, picking himself up roughly as he aimed a punch your way.

You reflexively side-stepped to the side, as the villain staggered after the hit, eyes glaring intently at you as he made another swing towards you.

Noticing full-well, you grab one of the last items in your bag, as you swung back at him. You turn on the item, as suddenly the villain shook, shaking uncontrollably, eyes widened as he flopped back to the ground, trembling in loud screeches of agony.

You huffed, staring down at the Taser gratefully. As you pocketed, you went to the stunned creature, picking it up as you jogged towards the dome. You forced a smile, the shock coming towards you now after the attack.

"Thank goodness I kept the Taser." Eevee huffed, still looking quite out of breath as its whined with a grumbling pout. "Hey, we never know when these things would happen." You shrugged, knowing full-well it was asking the purpose of the item inside your duffel bag.

You grinned wryly as she rolled her eyes playfully, though you sighed inwardly. "Then again, I didn't even bring along the others whining to come earlier, in case these things happened...but how should I know villains were going to attack us!" You grumbled with a small pout as Eevee opted to ignore you.

Reaching the corner of the dome, you were now trying to figure out a way you could get to the top of the rounded shaped area. You glanced at the plaza unsurely, before you shook your head.

You'll have to focus on Gardevoir for now, as you glanced back at the black hole. You hoped Thirteen could perhaps help out, seeing as their quirk is related to the problem ahead.

But if Thirteen is really injured, and Absol is-

You shook your head; this isn't the time. You squinted your eyes, biting the inside of your cheek to hold back the feeling of anguish. The wave of sadness and unease washing over you like a tidal wave.

Your eyes opened when you felt the soft paws pawing your face worriedly, Eevee tilting her head blinkingly as she cooed at you saddened expression.