❦ Twenty Nine

Midnight's eyes gleamed with mischief, as she watched the dumbfounded students gape at her. It hadn't been more than a few seconds after she announced the point-system, yet the crowd was hushed as she rested her flogger-style whip on her shoulder, entertained in the way the children eyes began gravitating towards the qualifier's first-place winner, Midoriya Izuku, and his newly appointed 10 Million points head instantaneously.

"There'll be more trials for those at the top, you'll hear this many times as long as you attend UA." She spoke heartily, her smile holding a hint of deviousness as she whipped down her whip to point at Midoriya.

"This is Plus Ultra!"

With Midnight's death sentenced verdict placed on top of Midoriya's wild-like hair, you find yourself gazing around at your competitors, fiddling with your sleeves uncertainly as Midoriya looked like he was trying to swallow a hard pill down his throat. Both Arcanine and Pikachu themselves were earlier eyeing around idly, not entirely sure what was happening when they felt the rising tension surrounding the students, causing them to perk up unconsciously. It was becoming apparent that this 10 Million point is going to be quite the predicament.

All of the 42 Participants that had passed the 1st round were staring dead-set at Midoriya, who was frozen in shock. It was like a scene in an animal documentary, where a pack of hungry hyenas began circling on to their snack, this being poor Midoriya.

Midoriya had his fist clenched in nervousness, his wide eyes at the brick of popping out of his skull. He looked rather nauseated, churning from awe to absolute bafflement at the number of points bestowed upon him. If you had to describe the green-haired boy in his current predicament, you'd say he's looking a lot like a sweating broccoli on the verge of toppling over to become a puddle. You were pretty sure Arcanine would've steadied him before he would actually topple over, but that's beside the point.

It was clear to you that it was about to be a blood bath chase in getting the 10 million headband. The green-haired winner was in the worse position for the event, for he'll have to keep his headband on for the entirety of the 2nd event with the fear of anyone swooping in to steal a kill.

'Midoriya...' You glanced at him unconsciously. A part of you feeling sympathetic for the friend you had grown close too, as Pikachu continued to eye around in confusion, it's nose twitching as if it could sniff the malice of eager students.

Wasting no time, Midnight-sensei began explaining the gimmick of the event, pulling your gaze away from Midoriya. She explained that the point of the cavalry battle is that each team has their respective points from the last game. Once you team up with your newly appointed teammates, the 'rider', the person being held up by the others, will have their teams' headband holding the number of points added together. This was a competition to grab as many points as you can from other teams.

'There are no disqualifications too...so even if my team's headband gets stolen, we can just keep stealing others...' You let Pikachu mess with your hair, as you contemplate your thoughts, 'If I don't consider the gap between me and Midoriya's points, my 205 points already enough to get me passed the 3rd event, I probably just keep stocking up points...'

But then your eyes twitched at a sour memory. 'Though I was already planning from doing this from the start, I definitely should put all my effort to get to the 3rd event...'

With Bakugo's last encounter, you were feeling rather prickly at the mere thought of him. You supposed he brings this exasperation out of everyone because the boy is the literal definition of explosive. You remembered eyeing that slouched back of his, the memory arriving in a split, as Bakugo spat lowly in annoyance to the side.