❦ Thirty Two

Outside of UA

Away from the roaring Sports Festival, a balloon, small in size, floated aimlessly around the humming city of Musutafu. The balloon floated in a reasonable height, drifting passed two-story buildings, as it overlooked the animate citizens quietly, journeying where ever the wind blew without a care and a thought.

This particular balloon had the ever-so-common spherical shape and was colored in a light shade of purple like the budding dew of an iris flower. It had two strings attached to it, each with a yellow heart-shaped on the ends. From afar it looked beyond average, but if you looked closely, the balloon had some fluff like clouds on the top of it, with a large prodding yellow design 'X' on its center that you simply just can't miss.

The balloon continued floating along, passing by a group of chattering pedestrians below it, who of which paid little mind to it and continued on its leisure and careless trip with the smallest of winds carrying it higher to the sky.

Though the people of Musutafu might have considered it an average, every day, floating balloon passing by, they couldn't have been more far off.

On either side of the large 'X', a set of black oval-eyes pried open, blinking at its surrounding in interest. The balloon peered down at the cars and people, taking in the everyday-lifestyle each individual had, before deciding on the very spot to spend its time enjoying its adventure during this lovely noon.

Meet Drifloon.

A wandering Pokémon that's been drifting around for as long as it could remember

A wandering Pokémon that's been drifting around for as long as it could remember. It had no home and loved to spend its time overseeing others go about their simple lives. At times it could get boring, but the balloon found it more pleasant than staying alone in the random hideouts he found.

As Drifloon floated above the city in quiet musing, he heard a loud cheer, an echo of hundreds of people calling out in excitement and glee. It was a new sound to the balloon, who was used to the sound of zooming cars and human banter, or the sounds of dogs barking and cats scuffling out of a trash can. This was a sound that sounded exhilarating, as if there was a heart-pounding situation taking place. It made him unintentionally excited, with a tad of fear, as Drifloon scoured around.

The Pokémon determined after a moment that the sound was coming from what appears to be two massive-sized glass buildings far off- surrounded by extensive free land and different smaller areas. The balloon in question simply stared at its direction as if unsure of its existence, before the loud clamor came again, loud and rousing. Deciding to sate its curiosity, it glided to where the noise echoed.

It took more effort for Drifloon to arrive, as the being was forced to battle the wind god, probably Tornadus himself, who continued to drag it in the opposite direction. Drifloon was a balloon Pokémon after all, and wherever the wind blew, it had to follow. After many opposing, it made its stop, overlooking a mass land covered in booths and people, much more than what he was used to looking. The sight made the creature blink in confusion, starting to feel hesitant in its decision when the cheers wailed again, sounding much, much more rambunctious.