❦ Nine

There was a time and place for everything, and frankly this wasn't the right time.

You trudged yourself back to class, hoping to grab your backpack you carelessly left. Walking away from Midoriya and All Might, your mind swirled with the events that happened, and the words your classmate had uttered.

"I got my quirk from someone else."

I'm gonna make it my own someday!"

You heaved a sigh. What did it all mean? Midoriya was definitely not the type to joke around, but his words almost seemed unworldly. But then again, your own secrets were quite unworldly as well.

'A quirk from someone else..who?' You thought wordlessly, twirling one of your snow-white strands on your finger. A quirk that catalysts extreme speed and super strength, but resulted himself with broken bones. Was it perhaps a family member? Or maybe a re-known hero?

Jittery, you stumbled up the stairs, heavily weighted by hundreds of possibilities of Midoriya's condition. The window by the stairs gave you the sight of the orange-red sky, as All Might was now chatting with Midoriya. You frowned, shaking your head to forget the endless reasonings to Midoriya's impulsive confession.

As much as you wanted to pry, you knew you weren't one to talk. As Midoriya made it obvious he wasn't going to open up more, you had your own things you'd like to keep hidden for the mean time.

It wasn't the right time to tell them about it.

Nor is it the right time for you to hear Midoriya's explanation.

That's why you'll respect his boundaries just as he will.

Reaching the entrance of your classroom, you were stopped promptly by someone's hand holding your elbow, causing you abruptly halt. You glanced at the perpetrator, (eye color) eyes meeting familiar Indigo eyes tiredly boring at yours.

The male sighed through his nose, "Hey. Where did you go?"

You blinked, surprise at your good friend's appearance. "Eh-I just went out to..talk to someone." You explained, as you glance at the hand still kept on your elbow.

Shinso followed your gaze, letting you go promptly as he gave a tired look. He looked slightly more imaginably bored, his tall body was leaning on the wall, holding his phone in one hand, probably to entertain himself, as his dull tired eyes bore at yours.

Now that you think about it, the hero class went much longer than you thought it would. As Shinso was in the general department, he finished much earlier.

'Did he wait for me to finish class?' You frowned guiltily, as you watch the male pocket his smartphone, scratching his head tiredly.

"I'm sorry, did you wait long?" You worriedly asked him, as he shrugged lightly, a smile lifting up lightly.

"Nah, not too long."

You smiled slowly back, feeling bad, as you decided to quickly enter the class to grab your bag. Waving goodbye at the few students still loitering around, as you grabbed the indigo haired boy hand. You started dragging him towards your home, as Shinso grunted lightly.

"Let's go!" You grinned, as you dragged him towards the outside the school, as Shinso went along with your antics, trudging after your quick-paced walk. You passed the three girls, Mina, Uraraka, and Tsuyu, who all were looking out of the window. Perhaps they had saw the dramatic rivalry scene as well.

Guess you weren't the only audience of that spectacle.

Except you had a front row seat.

Tsuyu glanced at your passing form, as the two others perked up, meeting your gaze. You smiled lightly, not taking your hand away from Shinso's, pulling up another hand to wave.