❦ Seven

Quirks is the mystery of the world.

It all started when a baby was born in Qingqing city, China. The baby shone in a bright light like a sun, and the news spread like wildfire. After that, many superpowers appeared, and the population with special trait grew rapidly to the point superpowers has become a norm.

Today, there are about 80% of the population of the earth with superpowers, and the rest were the ones of the past times. The quirkless as some called them.

As the special traits began to increase, the more crime had change for the worst. That reinforces the idea of heroes. Heroes that are willingly using their quirks for the better, and keeping the citizens safe.

But there's more to a story of a world filled with superpower.

Before quirks began appearing, the idea of powers weren't much of a laugh as most presume. It was more of myths and legends truly. There was once a story of man walking back home during a thunderstorm, and he caught sight of a large yellow bird flying. It was the most unusual bird he had seen, and it flapped its overbearing wings and produced electricity.

There were many other stories regarding in unforeseen creatures with powers unlike they have seen. But some would laugh, some would wave it off, and some would wonder more about them. of course it was rather interesting to hear such tales coming out once in awhile, but it was definitely a hard candy to chew on for most.

The 'Monsters', as they were called, were believed to be mythical creatures at some point of time. An unusual sort of Yokai that many could not deceiver. Only few had come across them, and it would either be a rare blessing or a curse to the end.

These creatures were the beginning of power, and some say have lived for a very long time. They lived peacefully in this world we live in, and they lived in harmony away from human society.

But when the rare appearance of quirks began appearing, the monsters disappeared too. The creatures never appeared again, and now they were myths people have forgotten.

Yet for a certain old man it was more of a myth.

He embarked in a journey to learn more of them, and wrote everything he knew about them. During his younger times, they were quite the number of them loitering around in their own nests. But as he grew older, he found something that was truly upsetting.

Extinction.

A sudden decrease in population had plummeted, and they were only so few, that they were so difficult to find. He had come to a term before he passed.

That it's something that couldn't be avoided.

Until..

"I need to ask you about your quirk."

You blinked, surprised a bit by the sudden question. "Oh, uh..sure. What's your question Aizawa-sensei?" You sat patiently in front of the rugged teacher, playing with your fingers.

The teacher folded his hands on the table, before asking the basics. "What exactly is your quirk?"

You pressed your lip together, remembering the name at the tip of your tongue. The teacher focused carefully at your nervous form. He noted your uneasy (eye color) eyes eyeing the rigid table.

"It's called the monster enticement."

He perked a bit at the answer, your voice firm without much of hesitation like he was expecting. You twisted your shoulders lightly sighing.