❦ Forty

Recap: In the last chapter, the Sports Festival was finished with a bang after your battle against Todoroki and Bakugo, the latter winning without an inevitable win, much to his disappointment.

With your swirl of uncertainties cleared after talking to Tsuyu and Todoroki before the match, you found yourself putting more of your all onto the battle, a twinge of disappointment coming at you at your inevitable loss. Nonetheless, you find yourself enjoying the last few moments of the Sports Festival, giggling with your friends about photos while trying to save a Drifloon being dragged by the hands of a little child. At the end of the day, knocked out and satisfied, you got a strange message from the detective, asking you to meet him the very next day. Wonder what that's about? Guess it's time to find out-!

❧❧❧

The next day after the Sports Festival

In hurried thunderous steps, you raced off to the nearest station.

You felt like a mess, throwing on the most decent clothes you can find that'll match enough before you were heading out of the dormitory hastily, dragging your bag with you.

You tapped your phone open repeatedly, checking the time. "10.12...Damn it, Meowth! Why didn't you tell me-!" You groaned in frustration, remembering waking up slowly, a bit dazedly to check the time, only to see a new message you hadn't check.

Meowth sleepily murmured about something involving the 'police station' and 'detective' and something about 'meeting at 8' once you inquired about it quietly, still slightly dazed from the sleep in your system, as you slowly took in his words.

That woke you up with a start.

Darn it! You didn't mean to fall asleep so early or wake up this late, but after the Sports Festival, you supposed it was a much-needed rest on your part as you couldn't quite blame yourself for this mishap. However, that still doesn't change that you were feeling nervous, as it was rare for the detective to call upon you all of sudden. With only small regret lingering within you, remembering as you panicked around the dorm to hurry up, surprising all your Pokemon awake, you tasked yourself to run even faster.

You weren't too familiar with where the station was, but it was nothing but a simple google search for you to find it to be at least a 15-minute walk into the city. Passing by the various pedestrians and high-rise buildings, you finally made it to the station.

You open the door hastily, garnering a few officers' attention at the abruptness. You refused to acknowledge their stares in embarrassment, focusing on finding the Detective, who was talking to an officer at the corner. Once the investigator, Tsukauchi, with his signature brown overcoat and matching hat noticed your arrival, he excused himself from the conversation, smiling easily at your nervous self.

"Uh...um, I'm sorry Tsukauchi-san." You worded, embarrassingly trying to find the right words to convey your regrets on being so late. The Detective only tilted his head, a polite smile resting on his face as you apologized curtly. "I didn't mean to make you wait so long."

The Detective wasn't bothered, laughing a little causing you to feel more nervous. "No, it's okay. It's actually I that has to apologize." He took off his hat, bringing it down as an apology. He did look a tad sorry, giving a soft smile. "You just had the Sports Festival after all. I knew you were going to be tired today, but I needed you to come asap."

You nodded slowly, taking in the detective's words. You raised your head at Tsukauchi, who turned a tad serious. You knew that this was serious business. You asked wording carefully. "...What is it?"