❦ Three

"So.." You drawled out, placing the lunch box you made on the table. Shinso was taking a bite of his own lunch, when you sat across him. He chewed on his food silently, watching as you unpacked your lunch.

Shinso could feel several eyes leering at him, as you obliviously started eating. He tried to ignore it, watching as you ate up your lunch, swallowing before continuing your small talk.

"You don't mind me sitting here right?" You asked, crossing your legs comfortably.

Shinso stayed silent, peering at you boredly. "Aren't you supposed to ask that before making yourself comfy?"

You blinked, before taking another bite of the rice. "I was only asking to be polite."

The violet boy almost seemed to be stunned, before rolling his tired eyes. He continued eating though, not minding the extra company that much. You two ate in silence in the small cafeteria, the atmosphere lively with chattering students taking seat on the many chairs provided.

After your little exchange with Shinso, you didn't talk much with your neighboring seat mate. Other than asking him to pick up your fallen pencil, the both of you focused on the class.

It was pretty obvious he wasn't that most likable to your peers, who would sometime greet you friendlily every now and then. They would stare at him, a bit unsure and uneasy, and rarely talk to him, in fact looking much more careful when they asked the boy a question. Some did talk to him, yet there was this hint of distaste Shinso gave off when he's conversing with them.

Which was probably why you found the boy sitting broodingly alone eating his lunch.

You hummed, taking another bite of your lunch. "Hey shinso."

The boy grunted in reply.

"Let's exchange numbers." You nonchalantly said, causing shinsou to stop mid-bite.

"You want to exchange numbers with me?" The boy looked downright puzzled by this point.

"Yeah why not."

"We barely talked." Shinso pointed out.

"That's why we'll talk more." You admitted dubiously. Aren't phones for talking?

"No."

"Why not?" You pressed to the violet-head boy, leering closer as he gave you his deadest look.

"It's too tiring."

You frowned at him, with the guy not budging for a moment. It went on like this for awhile, before Shinso sighed, placing his finished chopsticks down. "And your sure you want that?"

"Um, plenty sure." You shrugged, also packing up your the empty lunch box.

You stared down at each other, him blankly watching you, while you watched him patiently. You couldn't help but wonder what goes on in his mind. Shinso gave a sigh once more, before he fished a phone from his pocket, handing it to you.

Beaming, you took his phone, entering the digits as you went to fish out your own device. Opening it up, you handed the machine to a curious Shinso, who picked up the device in confusion.

"I never seen a phone like this before." He commented, before entering his own number in.

You chuckled, "well, it's made for work."

The pokedex was a machine that had every information of every Pokemon you had come across. It's supposed to make it easier for your work, so it wasn't a complete lie. The pokedex was a replace for a phone, having all the necessary things a phone should have, with the feature of easily containing your Pokemon data.