❦ Forty Two

Recap: In the last chapter, with the Sports festival ending class commences as per usual. As the class goes on their hilarious bout of taking the correct hero name, you were contemplating all the things that seem to pile up you, starting with the announcement of your father's bedridden illness, your father's organization, finding the right internship, and to top it all off, helping the Pokemon's attention shine as brightly as possible! There are only two more days before you'll have to make a choice! Luckily, Principal Nezu arrives at the perfect time to announce the 2nd phase of the FE operation to commence for the Pokemon's reputation! Wonder what's it going to be?

❧❧❧

On a particularly bright sunny day, the city of Musutafu thrived with buzz.

The air was getting hot with summer breezing through faster than a rapidash, without a cloud in the sky to cover the bright sun.

Nestled in the heart of the city, a plaza filled with boutiques lined up the street were filled with shoppers amiably waltzing about in mindless content. It was currently peaceful with no villain attacks from what the eye can see as everyone continued on their day leisurely.

In front of a tiny shop in the central hub for fashion and accessories, a group of university students was filing out carrying mountains of bags from their haul all while they chatted happily together. They had little to no idea that in the shop's decorative bushes, a creature hid, nosing out of the bushes with its twitching nose, whiskers flickering about.

The Pokemon uncertainly peered out further, its paled blue head taking in her situation carefully. A rodent-like creature was what it was, small, but not like the mice you see running about in their cartwheel. They were more in kin to the size of a small dog. Its large ears were alert, keeping track of any sound. Once the group of girls was a little farther, it scampered out.

 Once the group of girls was a little farther, it scampered out

Hobbling out, the bucktooth creature carefully waddled about, trying to see where it should head next.

"Ah, oops I forgot something, give me a second guys-Oof!" Something suddenly slammed Nidoran's side, effectively surprising both individuals as one of the girls that had just left the store had rushed back and was now eyeing the Pokemon with widened eyes. "I-Is that...? You must be a Pokemon-!"

A rush of awe filled the women, absolutely giddy to witness a creature that's been the hottest topic among everyone's mouths lately. Not to mention the aforementioned was actually quite adorable. The being could only beadily stare at the women, halting completely still. It acted like a statue in hopes to be unnoticed, but it was a little too late by the way the woman stepped closer.

Hastily, Nidoran quickly tried to huddle herself backward, watching the woman's action carefully in nervousness. But as the hand reaches for it, Nidoran could only rely on her instinct to prepare to protect itself from anything that can endanger it.