❦ Thirty One

"Is that even allowed?!" Present Mic gaped at the sight of a mouse being dragged away into the cavern of Shoji's arms, scratching his noggin vigorously. The whole crowd seemed to go into a disarray of confusion but also exhilaration, as the games took a different approach. Present Mic continued, questioning so loud that Meowth is close to raging. "Hold on a minute, does that mean Midoriya team is disqualified?!"

"It's obviously a technicality!" Meowth burst, exploding irritably by smacking Present Mic's arm. The snap was enough to make Present Mic cringe in fright. "Since that Pikachu hasn't fallen in the ground, the group wouldn't be disqualified!" Meowth can't help but wonder why are idiots like this.

"That's right!" Midnight was already stepping up to flash the cat a thumbs up, eyes seemingly glinting in amusement. "Disqualification only works when the rider touches the ground! So this is fine! Good Job!"

Meowth grew a bit bashful all of a sudden, probably not expecting the praise. "S'nothin'..."

Present Mic wanted to comment at the sudden bashfulness but decided to keep his mouth shut, for his own sake. Midnight eyed back at the baffled contenders, finalizing the answer with a proud cross of her arms. "Since the rider is still holding the headband, it still stays with their team. Midoriya's team still has the 10 Million headband until it's off of Pikachu's head!"

With those last words, your group made one last eye-contact with Todoroki's before your team was already sprinting their way to Shoji's team, who was about to make a run for it too. Unluckily for Shoji, more people were coming from almost all sides, all scrambling to get a piece of the meat. Midoriya called out, "We need to get Pikachu and our 10-million-point headband! Pikachu at the very least, who is our top priority!"

"We'll be disqualified if he falls!" Uraraka laments worriedly, her face twisting to a determined stare. Reuniclus hovered close by as you sigh disgruntledly, just hoping Pikachu will be fine on its own.

'Stay strong, Pikachu!'

Chapter Thirty-One

With the very face of the currently advertised Pokémon, Pikachu was eyeing around his surrounding in uncertainty. He can still feel the soft muscle-like coil around his body, so he knew he's still in the clutches of one of your classmates.

It was pretty dark-actually it was really dark, and he had a hard time making out what's going on. Pikachu's eyesight isn't necessarily the best in total darkness, so he had to release a small static spark. It zapped to Shoji's arms, tingling him a bit-but otherwise not hurting him. With the small lightning spark, he was able to notice Mineta and Tsuyu, who's tongue was wrapped around him.

"W-WE GOT IT?!" Mineta questioned as if the gods' heavenly light was finally shining down on him. He looked close to tears, almost thinking that things were too good to be true - which honestly was.

"Yes, we got it Mineta-kun." Tsuyu affirmed, eyeing Mineta's bare head with still held curiosity. "It was a good idea so I teamed up with you, and we got lucky, but I'm still curious-when did you lose your headband?"

"I don't know! One minute it was there, and the next it vanished!" Mineta suddenly wailed, feeling up his bare forehead consciously as small bouts of tears poured down his face. He had no idea what had transpired while they chased after Midoriya's team, but the next thing he knew, their headband was stolen and their group was left without any points.

Mineta tried to suspect who the culprit would be, but his mind drawled to a gutted blank-frustrating him heavily. Luckily just as quickly as his frustration had appeared, it faded once he gazed at the Pikachu in their grasp, who fidgeted uncomfortably in Mineta's gold-hungry look. "But that doesn't matter now, we hit the jackpot!"