❦ Thirty Six

Recap: In the last chapter, before Midoriya's battle with Shinso, Midoriya admits that his feelings for you are becoming apparent to All Might, with our number one hero supporting him all the way. The 1st round battles commence with Shinso and Midoriya's battle, where you had your small talk to Shinso after his loss. The battles continue on, with some losing and some advancing to the second round as you anticipate your first battle with your fellow voted competitors in the supplementary round soon. But then, it seems that there's more trouble for you than it looks as All Might told Midoriya that your Pokemon are being threatened to be taken by the police and the government officials.

❧❧❧

"I-I don't get it..." You muttered, looking down at your clenched hands resting on your lap. You felt the frustration bubbling inside you, wanting to be released. Biting the inside of your cheeks to contain it, you gazed up at the visiting officers seriously. "Why are you taking them away?"

Days before the Sports Festival

It couldn't have been more than a few days after the events of USJ. The Pokémon were just revealed to the whole world and you finally settled down in your class after Aizawa discussed the upcoming Sports Festival. You fidget upon this sudden meeting, surprised to find Aizawa opening the dormitory's door trailed by the detective and 2 other people, as they asked you to sit down.

On the dormitory couch, you sat stiffly, Aizawa's bandaged outlook right by your side as your guardian. On the other side, sat two new faces alongside detective Tsukauchi, who looked at you apologetically. Among those new faces, the one who sat in the middle gave you a stern look that made you uncomfortable to a reasonable core, as he sighed, explaining as best as he could. "Ms. (Last), we know of your amiability with the Pokémon, but due to uncertainty-"

"What uncertainty? They didn't do anything wrong!" You cut in a tad brashly, feeling peeved at this new information as Aizawa lightly nudged your leg with his own, scolding you.

"Calm down." The dark-haired man's steely eyes cut your burst of anger, as you pursed your lips defiantly. Aizawa looked like he'd rather be in any other place at the moment, but he still stood by you, supporting you. Your teacher calmly eased. "Let's hear it out first."

You didn't feel like doing that, but you decided to oblige. You held it in as the stern man in a suit from before spoke up, unfazed by your fuss. "Right. I'm sure you know that the Pokémon are in a rough spot as of now." The man was rigid, but he cut to the chase quickly upon noticing your aggravation. "When the creatures came out, it was the same time the incident in USJ had happened. As there was no outright explanation for the timing, there's no denying that some have gotten suspicious over them overlapping. Of course, we did our best to cover the fact that the Pokémon were involved during the incident, but for the time being, the hero public safety commission believes it would be best if the Pokémon were checked."

It quickly came to your attention that this man was from the Hero Public Safety Commission, a law enforcement agency that manages the interaction between the public and heroes. Why he was here discussing with you about Pokémon? You still had no clue.

Finally, the last person spoke up. The lady in front of you was much kinder in outlook, in fact, she looked to be a little out of place compared to the two others, but you didn't seem to care too much about that at the moment when your Pokémon are being threatened, as she looked at you as softly as possible. "Ms. (Last). Please understand. We have heard of the situation that had transpired in USJ." You spared the kinder adult a look. "We understand that Gardevoir had opened up a black hole during the battle, am I correct? If anything happened to the students at the time-,"