❦ Zero

The cold breeze from the air conditioner smacked your face, freezing you ever so lightly, as you entered the blank room. The smell of the hospital greeted you, reminding you to quickly head to the person you came for.

Your mother sat on the bed, reading off a book that was held carefully between her nimble fingers. Her glasses at the tip of her nose, eyes dancing at the words slowly. Her snow-like hair tied up neatly in a bun.

You coughed, her head turned to greet her visitor, settling the book on her lap. Carefully you place the assortment of fruits on the counter beside her, brushing a small strand of whitish hair from your face.

"Mother, how are you feeling?" You went to sit at the seat beside the bed, with your mother seemingly smiling much wider than you thought she would.

"(Name)! Same old as usual." She replied indifferently, almost bored.

"You took your medicine for the day already?" You went to picked up the bottle containing the pills, with your mother dramatically sighing at your antics.

"Yes, yes. Already the second time now y'know?" You mom drawled out. "And stop worrying, your making me feel old!" She complained, brushing back a loose strand of hair.

You rolled your eyes at your mother's antics. As you took out an apple of the assortment, cutting it carefully with the small kitchen knife the nurse gave you in the counter. "Well have you ate anything? you should at least eat these fruits."

"Are you even listening to me!?" She loudly complained, whining as you continued on, ignoring her, placing the neatly cut apples on a small plate. Your mom pouted, before she seemed to remember something. "Oh but enough of that! There's something I need to tell you."

You honestly wondered how'd your mother could find all her energy as she sat on her hospital bed. But you'll humor her.

"What is it?"

"Well I-wait." The elder lady halted, looking around in confusion. You followed her line of gaze, seeing nothing in particular. "Where's those pipsqueaks you usually bring with you?"

You blinked. "Pipsqueaks...?"

Your mother blinked back "You know, the oddly yellow mouse and the furry..creature I don't know what is."

"Ah, they both got sleepy, so I put them in their capsules. They should be up by now." You commented, mostly talking to yourself as you pulled out two tiny red-white balls, pressing on the button to enlarge it. Before you threw it to the other side of the room, causing two creatures appearing.

The bright yellow mouse looked around, until it's eyes went to yours. It yipped cheerfully, scampering over in a rush, jumping on to the bed. The other stayed in its spot, seemingly still asleep, as it waddled closer to you, nudging your leg with its head. It's hazel fur tickling you slightly.

"Well if it isn't my favorite guest!" Your mom exclaims, her hands rushing to pick up the mouse from its spot, cuddling it up with love. The yellow mouse seemed unresponsive, simply letting your mom throughly crush him.

"Eevee?" A small whine grabbed your attention, pawing your leg for attention.

you picked up your whining pet, brushing your fingers across her soft fur. Eevee squealed in delight, snuggling into you lap sleepily. Your mother made baby noises at your Pikachu, causing you to sweatedropped.

"You know...I am your child." You deadpanned at your squealing mother, who actually seems more excited to see the furred animals than seeing you.

The elder lady continued rubbing the Pokemon to death. "I'm sorry dear, you said something?"