❦ Twenty Two

You dawdled crossed U.A's halls, walking the slightest bit sluggishly towards your classroom. You yawned tiredly, as you fixed your tie hastily.

It was nice to see the school filled with the masses of students after the school had been closed off due to the USJ event. There was nothing but light chattering filling the corridors, which made you feel the slightest bit calmer. I guess most of the students weren't worried about the arrival of the Pokémon announced just yesterday.

Then again, they might assume that was a joke.

Perhaps your classmate might assume that as well? That would go smoothly, and avoid you from confrontation. But then again, they were given front row seats to your Pokémon powers and appearance. So you threw that thought away with a heavy sigh. It's not even a surprise anymore they knew. You walked towards your classroom, feeling more anxious with every step.

But still, you found yourself amazed to be able to even put on your uniform correctly after you woke up a little later than needed. The trip to Deika was a rather tiring one, much more than you had expected, as yesterday's events were filled with surprises that you supposed your body wasn't ready for.

Before you entered the classroom, you heard the loud and firm orders from Iida, causing you to grin unconsciously at the familiar voice. What was the class president up to now?

You entered the classroom without a second thought. There's no use in standing in front of the class fretting possibilities, it was now or never. Sliding the door silently, you were greeted to all of your classmates chatting in their seats, including a somehow frustrated Iida in his seat. That was quick.

'Oh, I'm the last one.' You thought as you shut the door after you, alerting your classmates who were now staring at the arriving you.

It was quiet, for perhaps a few seconds. And you could only awkwardly stand in front of the door with everyone's gazes at your stiff form. Oh, they definitely knew the connection between you and the Pokémon, so you're entirely done for. Perhaps you could play it off as if you were in oblivious ditz, but you quickly discarded the idea, there's no turning back now. Your eyes began shifting uncomfortably.

"Uhh...Good M-," You greeted with a strained smile.

"(last)-chan!" Your eyes widened, as suddenly a few of your classmates were on their feet, rushing towards you with wide grins. You were glomped by a floating uniform, causing you to unconsciously wrap your arms around the cheerful Hagakure.

"Wha-?" You blinked, as Hagakure squeezed you tighter in her hug. No matter how sluggish you were feeling, you knew for a fact you were going to be bombarded by questions. But what you did not expect was to be greeted so warmly.

"No fair (last)-chan! Why didn't you tell us about the Pokémon?" Hagakure whined, her voice loud by your ear.

"Eh-ohh?" You voiced out unsurely, as you were squeezed even tighter by the invisible girl. Perhaps she was actually trying to kill you and you're just dense.

"Yeah!" Mina was close by too, actually, you can't completely tell cause your face was jammed by Hagakure's face, "That's why you were kind of always changing the subject, and being secretive!"

"I was?" Your voice sounded muffled, as you questioned densely.

"You were!" They both chimed with pouts. Were you being that obvious?

You released Hagakure down slowly, as you assumed she smiled at you before you were brought towards the familiar amphibian-like girl, who had brought her pointed finger to her chin, in a thinking motion.

"So that's why you avoided the talk about your elephant before right?" Tsuyu wondered as she stared at you dead in the eye.

"Y-Yeah..." You replied with the hint of embarrassment. You were surprised she never brought it up again after the first time, but you assumed she must've realized your discomfort. Kaminari who was next to the greenette said with an almost aggravated expression.