❦ Thirty Five

Recap:

In the last chapter, after watching the girls in your class dressed in cheerleading outfits, with the addition of the adorable Pikachu, you decided to forfeit your place on the first round to drop you into the supplementary round, where 3 other losing students will be joining you out of popular vote. With that, you began your coordinator show with Gardevoir, Sylveon, and Buneary- gaining more positive reviews with the crowd. 

Before finally, you decided to have a moment to yourself with the Pokémon, where you had unexpectedly bump into Todoroki, who was meditating himself. Forced into a sudden interaction, you both sort of hitting it off when Todoroki suddenly said that your eyes, "reminds me of my father's eyes." Leaving you walking out feeling a tad offended. In the end, as you walked off disgruntledly, you heard the chimes of the battle about the begin, as you raced off to watch the match before it's too late.

❧❧❧

"...Sometimes, I wish young (Last) was here at this moment to help me."

All Might sighed, looking at a supposed spiritless Midoriya in front of him after both he and the young successor began spitting facts of Midoriya's lack of power as of now.

Just a few minutes ago, All Might had come by hoping to encourage his successor in his upcoming battle, only to be greeted with a slightly more insecure Midoriya. Apparently, Midoriya's lack of control over his power had made him unintentionally worry, as All Might had agreed that, yes, Midoriya was still lacking as he was only using 5% of his power. That only made the boy, even more, discourage, as the young successor said. "When it's put that way, it's amazing we even won last round. I'm really blessed with good friends and a lot of luck..."

Of course with those thoughts, All Might have had no choice but to smack some sense to Midoriya- literally. "This is the part when you say, 'I'll do my best!', Prince Nonsense!" All Might let out a sigh, placing his hands on his hips, "Does the hero you aspire to be look this vulnerable?"

All Might let out another sigh, fixing up the best encouragement he could give, when Midoriya let out his own crestfallen exhale, slumping forward, infuriating the pro-hero to chop his head once more. "I'm telling you to have some courage, O' cowardly Prince Nonsense!"

"Ow, that's not what I'm worried about, All Might..." Midoriya choked from the small attack, eye siding away as the boy seemingly crumbled with endless worries. The lanky pro-hero watched as Midoriya seemed to shrink with every word he uttered. "It's just...thinking of (Last)-san...makes me worry..."

"...?" The blond pro-hero stopped, considering the green-haired boy's words to only let out a sudden hearty guffaw, surprising Midoriya. All Might cheekily laughed, looking like he knows a secret as he rubbed a finger beneath his nose. "Don't tell me, are you upset that young (Last) isn't here to encourage you?"

"T-That's not it, All Might!" Midoriya blushed furiously, momentarily forgetting his anxiousness. He was about to expand on his reasoning when All Might let out another laugh.

"Oh, young love is it?" The number one hero wiped a stray tear of laughter, as Midoriya blushed even more.

"You're wrong, All Might!" Midoriya asserted. Even if a part of him would definitely love to have you encourage him right about now, that's beside the point! Midoriya looks down to the ground. "(Last)-san has been a little bothered by something, I think." All Might had finally calmed down to listen. "She's just acting a little different, and I just really wanted to comfort her, but I can't seem to do that..."

All Might still had that knowing grin, as he questioned lightheartedly. "So, what do you think is the problem?"

Midoriya paused, his green eyes tracing his red shoes. "I'm not too sure, but I have a feeling it has to do with the Pokémon." Midoriya raised his head, thinking about the way you've been acting with a heavy heart. "It's like, she's saying things like she has to win, but at the same time, it doesn't seem like she really wants to..."