❦ Twenty Seven

At the Entrance of UA High School...

A flash of Orange

"Welcome, welcome, get them while their piping hot!"

A puff of air through its large snout

"I'll take three of those! N-No, make it five!"

A sway of its tapering tail

"Hurry, hurry-it's about to start!"

And the flutter of small wings.

"Mom, Over there! Over there!"

Underneath the cloudless bright sky, the Sports Festival in UA high school is finally opening their gates to visitors.

Blessed with a cloudless day, the blue sky was filled with flickers of colorful powder being shot to the sky like fireworks, the sounds of 'puff' and 'poof' exploding all around in festivity. People of all ages were already strolling around the school, excitedly chattering to each other about the upcoming events in anticipation.

Before UA's gate, the area was lined with a litter of reporters impatiently waiting to get through security check, hoping to get some good content through the festival as the schoolyard was filled with stalls of snacks and hero merch, ranging from the very renowned Number One Hero-to the ever-so reliable Thirteen as people walked along the sidewalk to where the main events were taking place, buzzing with vigor.

"With all the news of the Pokémon, it's great to get away from it all and focus on the Sports Festival. The third-year students have always been the main event with their experienced strategy and vigor. But this year, the first-year stage is gathering quite some attention after the USJ attack." A man pointed out, eyeing the guide map.

"Did you know that Endeavor's son is in the first year stage? I heard he got in through recommendation this year!" A woman inputted, eager and excited for what's to come.

"Seriously? Wow-but hey! You're seriously not interested in the Pokémon? Aren't they kind of interesting? They literally been crawling around the earth without anyone really knowing they existed! kind of makes me curious on what they look in the flesh y'know?" Another man had jeered, jokily pointing to the now grumbling male.

"Well yeah, but you wouldn't be interested if you hear about them constantly!"

"Never-mind that, let's focus on the Sports festival! Especially the first year stage, there definitely the main attraction this year!"

Mount Lady, the popular provocative hero, amusedly mused after listening to the conversation that just past her, watching the trio walk off in a hurry. She stuffed a piping hot Takoyaki into her mouth, chewing on it after humming contently.

Working today as a patrol lady, she lagged behind her two teammates, who were walking briskly with every intention of keeping a lookout. Not that she wasn't doing her job, for she was definitely grateful that she could wear her hero outfit as security as this gives her more chances to gain more publicity. All she needed to wear, as the official security for the Sports Festival, was a security tag swinging around her neck.

Though she enjoyed getting more publicity, she wasn't going to lie that her attention was getting drawn to the gossip circling around to school-she's easily distracted, so what? In the end, she couldn't resist eavesdropping on visitors as they dally around in jitters.

After the whole attack on the hero school, the whole of Japan seems to be in endless chatter, and not only of the attack itself but also of the unanticipated stir coming from certain critters. The people seemed unease with this new information thrown to their face, and that unease hadn't washed away even after it has been a few weeks already. The people had, to say the least, mixed feelings about the beasts that now was in the midst of overpopulating the country.