❦ Twenty Five

[6 Days until Sports Festival]

Audino gazed towards the bright blue sky, blinking doe-like at the clouds floating passed laggardly. She stood underneath the shadow of the dormitory, out on the grassy plain with a couple of other Pokémon with her, nervously keeping to herself, as she found more interest on her feet than the rowdy group by her.

Audino clutched on to her right feeler, her left feeler still wrapped in bandages, as her shyness washed over her like a tidal wave. She didn't have quite the guts to get along with the other residents yet, seeing as she was pretty new in the household. The only one she seemed to get along with was...

"Pikachu!" Your voice reached her ears, causing her to instinctively gaze away from her feet, her eyes eagerly trying to pinpoint your location.

You had stood there for a while now, eyes on an electric mouse, a familiar resident in the dormitory, who was getting into a battle stance to a fake human. Audino perked once she saw you, stern-faced and confident, as she awaited what's to come silently, a slim growing excitement brewing curiously.

"Alright Pikachu, let's try this again!" You pointed forward confidently, Pikachu's electricity sparking out from its red-pouch cheeks, as its eyes zeroed on to the current dummy, which looked much like a burnt scarecrow at this point, with complete focus. "Volt tackle!"

"Pikapikapika..." Pikachu launches a battle cry, large volts of electricity surrounding him before he charged right to the dummy without hesitation "Pi-Ka!" With one last cry, it tackled forward, successfully electrifying the lifeless dummy. The dummy in no seconds flat turned to crisp, as the mouse turned to your approval eagerly, yearning for affection.

"Good Job, that's the fifth dummy today!" You placed your hand on your hip proudly, the mouse scampering over to you at your kind tone. You bent down as he jumped to your shoulder for a small cuddle, your hand instinctively reaching a hand to pet him.

"Chaa~" Pikachu squealed happily, causing you to giggle.

Audino's eyes glittered in awe, wide hues locked on to the figure of Pikachu and her human. It's amazing how happy you were with the yellow mouse accomplishments, which she found to be incredible herself. She doesn't quite get it but seeing how much training undergoes, and the amount of disposable dummy thrown.

She guessed you must really want to destroy other humans someday.

She watched in amazement after the attack, it's small form leaning closer without thinking, as she emitted a marveled squeal. "Au~!"

"Sylv-sylv-eon?"

The pinked-skinned Audino barely noticed the Fairy-type Pokémon right next to it, who chirped in a soft-toning voice next to the hearing Pokémon. Audino shied away at the kind Pokémon tilting its head questionably at her. The two stood in almost the same height, as Audino, who happened to be a bit bigger than the fairy type, fumbled with her feeler.

Sylveon blinked, before giving the bashful creature a reassurance stare and nod, that hardly left an effect on the shy Audino. Audino wasn't sure what to say, as suddenly Sylveon was coddling her up in a conversation, that she couldn't quite follow.

"Wow, at this point there'll be no point in training anymore." A haughty voice caught Audino and Sylveon's attention. Meowth, the other Pokémon in the sideline, commented to you, laying down on his side, very similar to the draw-me-like-one-of-your-French-girls pose, as he stared listlessly at you and the yellow mouse, basking in the sunlight, unlike the two pink Pokémon, who stayed under the friendly shade.

You rolled your eyes, walking closer to the creatures with Pikachu right on your shoulder. "There's always a need for training Meowth," Your eyes meeting the leisure feline in a playful glare, "Especially with the Sports Festival right around the corner, we have to give it our best."