❦ Twenty six

Unforeseen Simulation Joint [USJ]

Hero Basic Training Class

Midoriya stepped foot into USJ, marveling at the sight before him in a different way. He felt hesitant as he entered the joint, remembering the events that took place in this very training ground.

It had been a while since the villain alliance barged into their training and caused havoc. All Might had taken a huge blow after the battle, as now the hero could only use his hero form for about 50 minutes before deflating. Aizawa-sensei and Thirteen-sensei had also been seriously injured and are both currently healing. Other than the teachers, no students got severely hurt during the battle, thankfully.

But surprisingly for Midoriya, he gained something positive during the attack. He experienced a battle with villains for the first time and overcame it, he came to know extraordinary species he had no knowledge of, and he had a great friend, who now knows his and All Might's secret.

Now, the class of 1-A are about to train once more, and Midoriya couldn't help but wonder what's in store for all of them this time.

"Well, that happened, but class is class!" Thirteen clapped eagerly, appearing more jovial than they should, as the class stared doubtfully at the eager teacher who was seemingly sparkling. "So, let's begin the rescue training!"

Everyone was rendered speechless at the buoyant teacher, before Uraraka hesitantly asked worriedly, her eyes shining waveringly. "Thirteen-sensei, can you really move right now?"

Thirteen did a small twirl in reply, a cute one at that, as they assured, "My back hurts a bit, but it's nothing compared to senpai." The astronaut-suited hero referred to their homeroom teacher, who was strangely not present at the moment. Midoriya noticed that and was about to ask before Kirishima beat him to it.

"Oh yeah, where is Aizawa-sensei?" Kirishima asked, scouring around the premise, raising a hand over his eyes, as if it would help him spot the teacher swathed in bandages.

"He should be here any minute now along with (last). Let's wait a minute for them before we begin." Thirteen requested, causing everyone to begin conversing with each other, just to pass the time, excitedly wondering what the class had in store for them.

"Hmm...What do you think they'll have us do today?" Midoriya muttered, speculating questionably to Iida, who gestured with his hand forward.

"Probably some standard rescue scenarios." The class-president deducted, as Midoriya droned, trying to imagine exactly what these scenarios would be.

A loud disgruntled hum caused Midoriya's eyes to flicker towards the brunette, who had puffed her cheeks, staring at the ground dejectedly, appearing miffed. Iida had also noticed, peeking curiously while Midoriya had interjected in confusion, stuttering unsurely.

"E-Eh, Uraraka-san...is something wrong?" The person in question didn't respond, her brows furrowing bitterly as Iida questioned resolutely, frowning at the strange action. "Did something perhaps bother you, Uraraka-san?" Iida gazed intensely, flickering his glasses to make sure he was seeing correctly.

Ochaco bit the inside of her cheek, humming more angrily before she gazes at the two. "It's nothing you guys, I just feel bad for (Name)-chan. I think I was a little too excited and got her in trouble," Uraraka pouted, fiddling with her fingers, causing the duo to 'ohh' and nod along with her words.

"Yeah, I also got pretty excited..." Midoriya nervously scratched the side of his cheek, remembering how the air quickly thickened when the bandaged hero pointed you out to bring the Pokémon and follow him outside. Not even a second later, you came floundering back to class depressed, while both of the Pokémon were confiscated to the teacher's room. After classes finished, you made a beeline to meet up with Aizawa-sensei, despairingly waving off everyone's apology, and practically groveling at Kaminari for forgiveness.