❦ Thirty

Small warning: This chapter contains more discussion regarding some of Class B's quirks, like being called out or playing a part in this chapter.

The buzzer beeped piercingly across the stadium, indicating the end of the group discussion. By the time the timer went off, everyone was already situated in their respectful places, and were determined to begin the games and win. Midnight stretched an arm over the other, her handcuff-like bracelets clanking with each movement, as the crowd grew rowdier in anticipation. She gleamed at her surroundings, smiling delightedly. "Now, let's get started!"

Back in the commentator's box, Present Mic was tapping awake the dozing off Aizawa, calling out enthusiastically, "Wake up, Eraser!"

The man in question opened his tired eyes, peering through his bandages. He blinked awake from his much-needed nap to see the loudmouthed hero making his way towards a muffled, wrapped-up Meowth, who was angrily hissing like he was going through a horrendous bath, flaying about -well trying to- in a supposed tantrum. The pro-hero eyed wearily.

Why was Meowth hissing now? Well, a little bit after the team-up discussion, Meowth had decided to look through the paper book once more and was close to opening up more secrets about the upcoming events for the whole stadium to hear before the teachers caught him. Though Present Mic tried to stop him, the cat was as relentless as ever and the blond teacher panicked, plucking off Aizawa's wraps thoughtlessly.

That's how Meowth ended up tied up with Aizawa's signature wrap scarf, hiding his muffled complaining.

Present Mic picked the feline up, the wrapped cocooned Meowth thrashing angrily in response, and dropped him slowly on a chair. The animated teacher simply grinned down at the upset cat, moving his gaze from Eraser to the cat in guffaw. "Looks like the Mummy gang is making an introduction!"

In response to the teacher's laughter, Meowth was completely thrown into a hissy fit, looking ready to pummel the very ground Present Mic walked on, as Aizawa could only sigh through his nose. Though the statement wasn't particularly needed, there was truth in the blond hero's words. Meowth and Aizawa looked like mummy buddies, with the dark-clad, bandaged teacher slouching a bit from napping, appearing disdained in his upper-body bandages restricting his arm movement. The cat in a temper tantrum, wriggling in his cocoon, appeared extra mummified as only his angered eyes were visible - his whole body swathed with wraps from his ears to his tail as if he was an antique statue.

Present Mic was quick to snap a photo; the teacher will definitely have fun laughing about it with you. Aizawa's patience finally ran thinned, as he glared at his co-worker. "Stop messing around."

"Alright, alright!" the loud hero replied earnestly, the grin still not vanishing as he tried to pry open the scarf encasing the cat. "You look good mouser! Rocking out the Egyptian side of yours huh?"

When Present Mic was finally able to loosen the top part of the cat's head, Meowth was quick to maneuver the scarf away from his mouth, and began ranting loudly, "Okay, first of all, I'm more Persian than Egyptian-heck, my evolution is called Persian! Just don't lump me up with them alright?!" Meowth angrily gritted his teeth, then he listed again, "Secondly, if we're really being honest here, this is a rude way of representing the Egyptians and I'd mummify you myself if I could for that blatant ignominy,"

Meowth inhaled wheezily as if he needed to restock breath to speak. "And finally," He gave Present Mic his tired-Eraserhead imitation before yelling detestably, trying to pull the wraps off of himself-only failing in his prison, "Get this thing off of me!"

Present Mic and Aizawa watched the cat carefully, as the feline seemed to be having a feral moment, hissing about as he lashed in his cocoon. The blond hero nervously side-eyed his close friend, uncertainty occupying his expression. "Should we release him?"