❦ Forty Three

Recap: Phase 2 begins, and your thrust around the city to capture Pokemon as news of hotspot areas are being shut. All while that, you have yet to find an internship! Discussing with your fellow classmates, schoolmates, and seniors, you figured that it was about time you tried to find professional help in your endeavors of finding the best Internship for you, and it has to be none other than Midoriya Izuku himself.

That night, filled with the sounds of the soft or loud snores of sleeping Pokemon and fluttering of nocturnal ones, there was the sound of light giggling emitting from the only room being used in the overly large dormitory.

It was you. Giggling to yourself like a lunatic at the crack of 1 AM.

With a wide grin spread across your features, you watch in focus at the pencil grasped between your fingers scribbling hastily on a notebook. You have busily written whatever you were writing in your book, so focused that you didn't even notice the odd glances you were getting.

"...Yes, yes...that should work..." You murmured, giggling again much to the bafflement of your Pokemon. And man, were they judging hard.

Meowth and Pikachu watched deadpanned from the corner of the room, staring at you like the madcap you were. For once the duo was amiably sitting next to each other without jeering at the other, simply basking at the weirdo that was apparently you at the moment. You laughed to yourself again, furiously writing away.

Meowth whispered almost a little too obviously with wide eyes. "...Wow, boss finally lost it."

Being the absolute heathen he is, the cat continued to gossip like the dramatic being it was. "To think Boss went coo-coo this fast after having her face plastered on every news article. The stage fright hits hard." Meowth sighs sadly, shaking his head dramatically.

Pikachu wanted to roll his eyes, but frankly, Meowth's words are becoming a little real. Meowth leaned over, still peering over your jovial self. "But in all seriousness, it's been going on for 30 minutes now. You think she accidentally hit her head or something during class?"

Pikachu could only do a tiny shrug.

As the duo continued watching you like visitors in the zoo pen, the door to your dorm pushed open. Sylveon peaked her head inside, cerulean eyes blinking curiously. She widened the door further, shutting it with her ribbons before trotting inside. She first hobbled to the judgmental Pokemon, enquiring softly with a soft mewl to not rouse your attention to probe at the fuss.

Meowth huffs in answer. "Boss has been laughing to herself for an hour now. She's gone coo-coo and I think she finds homework fun now."

Pikachu frowns, swatting Meowth. Whether you were crazy or not, he will not stand for this blatant insult toward you.

Like you would find homework fun!

First of all, if you did somehow go coo-coo, then you would be the coolest coo-coo friend he has! No matter how absurd you've gotten, Pikachu would be by your side no matter what! You're the best, Pikachu asserts.

"Pikachu, you simp." Then Meowth jeered.

And now they fight again.

Sylveon ignored the complete idiocy of her fellow Pokemon, deciding to be the bigger Pokemon and move to investigate herself on your odd joyfulness. Sylveon patiently eyed your form first, before nudging her head on your leg, as she had done many times before her evolution.

You halt another round of giggles, swirling to see her bright blue eyes filled with curiosity. "Oh, Sylveon...sorry, did I wake you?" You hummed, the calming words you uttered calming Sylveon enough to know you were sane. You grinned down at her as she wraps a ribbon around your wrists, looking for attention. "I'm busy planning on how to solve each issue. There are a lot of things to be done, so I'm listing them."