Chapter 22

~Alive~

LANI POV

"Pay attention Cupcake" I hear Kilo say. Cupcake? When the hell did he start calling me that. I shoot a sly smile at Him and continue shooting. He just stood there leaning on the wall watching me. It was distracting as fuck. Not just the staring but the way he was standing it was just so sexy. So sexy.

He walks up to me and puts his hands on mine.

"Always aim for the chest," he said in my ear. Isn't it always aim for the head? He points to the gun and I shoot. So when I shoot him I'll aim for the chest. I don't understand why Kilo trusts me like in this world you shouldn't trust anybody and he seems to be trusting me. I could be wanting to kill him right now and he's teaching me how to shoot. Crazy.

We finish up and head back upstairs. I am fucking starving. As I went to find something to eat Kilo was yelling to somebody on the phone.

"We're on our way," he said and hung up. Fuck. I went through the cabinets and fridge to find something quick to eat but there wasn't anything. What the fuck. Where are the snacks? Who the hell doesn't have snacks in their house. Usually, he has some chocolate laying around somewhere but there's nothing here.

"Let's go," he says and I follow him to the car.

"I'm hungry," I say as we pull off and he just rolls his eyes. I'm tired of not eating. We're always busy or traveling there's never time for me. I can't do anything I want. No time to read on Wattpad or no time to watch TV. Like we just got into a shoot out where the hell could we be going now?

Kilo turns down a familiar street. It took me a second to know what street. My old street. I sat up properly and my breathing started getting heavy.

"Where are we going?" I asked getting scared.

"To pay a special someone a visit," Kilo said with a huge smirk on his face. He pulls up to my stepfather's house.

My eyes start getting watery and all of a sudden I wasn't able to move. I can't go in There not after all he's done. Hell no I'll stay in the car.

I bring my knees to my chest and start rocking back and forth. I look over to see Kilo staring at me with an annoyed expression. "Stop being so dramatic," he says annoyed by my behavior.

"Dramatic?" I paused and raised my voice. "Do you know what that man did to me?"

He lets out a huge sigh "We don't have all day"

He gets out of the car slamming the door. I take a deep breath. The deepest there can be and open the door. In my head, I can hear myself screaming. I look over at the front lawn and memories ponder. The time I cried for help and nobody heard me. I couldn't walk because he had just fractured my leg. I was crawling and desperate for someone to help me. But no one heard me, not a single soul.

I slowly walk up to the house and Kilo stops in front of me. He turns around and puts his hands on my shoulder. "Go knock," I look at him and laugh. "Go knock? what is this some kind of fucking mission?"

He is even more annoyed and pushes me to the doorstep. He and Riccardo are on the side of the door with their guns raised waiting for me to knock. Candace is standing behind me rubbing my back and telling me it's going to be ok.