Chapter 16

~Advice~

LANI POV

Boss? All I could think of is Kilo. Him being right about the dangers of being a Valentino and me about to be kidnapped because I don't listen and I'm stubborn. Gosh, I miss him for some reason.

The man lifts his sweaty hands from my mouth and I finally get some air to breathe.

I smell weed and hear somebody laugh.

I take deep breaths trying to regain my balance. I fall to the ground and lay flat on my back. I hear footsteps coming near me and see a tall figure stand over me. The sun is blocking me from seeing this person's face. He gets closer.

"I said twenty minutes babe," Kilo laughs while blowing smoke in my face.

"You fucking asshole," I yell as I hop up. Did he really have me fucking half kidnapped and almost die of a panic attack because I was in there for more than twenty minutes? This is fucking crazy. I can't believe him.

"Fucking psychopath," I scream as I push him.

He roughly grabs my arm and stops me "I wouldn't do that babe, you're already in enough trouble."

"I wouldn't do that babe, your already in enough trouble," I mock him. "Go to hell Kilo," I say as I storm off.

I call a taxi and tell them to take me to the nearest hotel. I am not staying with Kilo tonight.

He snatches the phone and starts speaking in French telling them to take me to our hotel.
Wait a minute. When did Kilo start speaking French? And when the hell did he start smoking weed? There is so much I don't know about this man. I can't believe he would have somebody kidnap his own wife just because she was late. Is that supposed to be some kind of lesson? I don't understand. That's the sickest thing he has ever done.

I snatch my phone back and walk off. I don't think I can do this. My husband just had a grown man fucking kidnapp me.

I run around the corner and hide behind a building hoping he wouldn't find me. I kept thinking to myself how does Kilo always know where I am. I look down at my phone. He put a fucking tracker on me. I laugh.

This motherfucker put a tracker on my phone. I see a bus and dump my phone on there. He's going to be looking for me all day.

I hear him yell "FIND HER"

I cover my mouth to stop me from laughing. Fuck him.

I can't go back to the hotel but I do know where I can go. My mother has a friend who lives in Paris. I know exactly where he lives. Right around the corner from The Lourve.

I look around to check if Kilo is nowhere to be seen. He wasn't.

I look around to see if I can see the Apartment building. I spot it and run.

I look for the name Monet and ring the doorbell.

"Hello," I hear an old man say.

"Hi, I'm Kehlani Paris, Alicias daughter can I come in."

The old man gasps "Of course come in," and I hear the buzzer. The door opens and I go to Apartment A1.